Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headin' out to do some detecting this morning :thumbup:......

And it sure feels good. A new spot that Jim and I have hit twice before for a few hours and managed a few early goodies. A couple of 1820's large U.S. coppers, an 1806 British copper along with a 1784 Spanish 4 reale. A big area that would take years to hunt out, if ever. Jim dug a beautiful trigger guard off an early musket from this spot as well so their is definitely some nice potential here. Can't ask for better history than that around these parts. :thumbup:

early relics. It was first settled in 1701 and there still has to be goodies from that time in the ground. I know the river is full of old relics but the harbor master will not allow diving in the Detroit river. The St Clare River is open though and still has lots of relics.

It is going to be a good day for detecting. I have not been out this year yet

n/t

That sucks big time. We've had a ton of copper theft out this way too. Some of these guys were actually taking down hydro lines in secluded area's for the copper value. If I remember correctly, one or two were electrocuted during the process. Have any of you guys checked Willy's garage for evidence ?? :rofl:

And the farmer adjacent to this field introduced himself to us yesterday and gave us the O.K. to search his land as well. We gave it a quick snoop near the road at the end of our hunt. Didn't see any pottery or broken shards but Jim stuck with it for an hour or so. I'll be darned if he didn't pull out two early tokens from there. An 1812 British penny token and an 1816 Wellington token. I got my third 1820's large U.S. penny and an 1857 Canada bank token from the original area. I'll take that average anytime........especially in the early fields. One of these days I'll post a few pics. My darn digital camera that I bought just over a year ago (to bring out in the fields with me) broke on me yesterday. Went to take a pic of one of my finds half uncovered on the surface and the lens locked up on it. Oh well......they're cheap enough today that I can grab another one for $150.00 or so. Won't be a Kodak though this time.

n/t

[attachment 157419 Orlando-wanted.jpg]