Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone adapter

millejn3

Bought an adapter from Radio Shack in hopes to try a set of ear buds during hot weather.. It doesnt work... Can anyone tell me where I can find an adapter that will work or how to get the R/S one to work?

Thanx!

Did you buy a 1/4" stereo to 1/8"/ 3.5mm adapter. If it is a mono adapter it may not work. I use earbuds in warm weather and it works well for me. I use a 10' coiled extension cable to give me enough room to move away from my Etrac when digging. Did you have the headphones in when you turned on the detector?

I agree with Sooper Dave's comments and like the 10" coiled cable so it doesn't hang on everything. The right components work great and I use earbuds when it is hot or I need to be able to converse with others while hunting.

I also put a Radio Shack (Accuran) volume control in the line so I can tweak the volume as needed if ambient noises go up.

It's my understanding that there is an impedance limit that has to be reached for headphones to operate correctly and disconnect the external speaker--I have no idea what that means but it was fun saying it nonetheless.
I have tried earbuds but they seem to change the tones too much for me ---too much bass and I lose the good nickel tones --at least to my ears. I guess one could adjust threshold pitch to compensate but I like to keep things simple and consistent.
What I have found to work quite well are the rapoo H3070 wireless headphones for about 50 bucks. The tones are great and the small ear pieces are light and cool. Battery life leaves bit to be desired (6hrs) but all in all they're very servicable.

I would recommend a 90 degree adapter or extension for the Etrac. I will probably last longer!

Kim