Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

headphone bangs

marbien

Went out this weekend to a farm and was running relic mode factory set Everything was running normal until the second day 2 hours into the hunt , the machine would give me loud bangs in the wireless earphones the v3 would false alot pinpointing sounded like if it was a minelab, went back loaded a battery pack and still had the unstableness I am running the dd coil Any way, in the first day I picked up a copper and buttons and shots and had no problems
Any ideas what is going on ? I am really concern about the headphones giving loud bangs its really not good to get jolted. You never know when its coming it is loud!!

Every once in a while I get a Pop, but seldom. I remember Larry had it at one site the last time we were out, but it only did it at one site. Did it do it only at the one site? Did you try changing channels, power level. What is the battery level on the WHP?

If you are using a V3, what software version is it? Popping was a problem in the early versions.

My cordless headphones would make a loud bang or popping when the bats were low and about to die. I use my RATS now with no problems . Yazoo

Yep I get a loud pop every once in a while that scares the crap out of me.....

I dont like it but it happens seldom enough that I figure that with it being a wireless device interference will happen now and then.

Today I went out again on a farm I switch the coils I ran the 950 coil with relic, mixed mode I managed another copper with it and some buttons and the v3i ran fine My batteries were running yesterday about 220 on whp This is the latest upgraded machine could it be the dd coil I did test it with 15rx and it was not unstable when I pinpointed in air

If it was unstable in the air you have your setting too hot. If the coil was bad it would overload at RX15. Too many new guys are running too hot and unstable thinking this is how they will get the deep ones, WRONG. The 9.5 is not as sensitive to EMI as the D2.

I just sounds like you just need to adjust your RX and Disc., and since you are running mixed mode also your all metal.

Settings were all factory specs Anyway I will try again next week with the dd
Thanks all for all your help

burlbark said:
Yep I get a loud pop every once in a while that scares the crap out of me.....

I dont like it but it happens seldom enough that I figure that with it being a wireless device interference will happen now and then.