Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone Compatibility.

ivanll

My Gold Bug Pro is NOT compatible with the AUVIO 33-283 Portable Digital Wireless Stereo Headphones.
Loud sound at switch on, then it drops to a very very low audio.

However the headphones work real well on my F75 and other detectors,................. just not on the GB-Pro.

P9175286_400.jpg

ivanll

ivanll said:
My Gold Bug Pro is NOT compatible with the AUVIO 33-283 Portable Digital Wireless Stereo Headphones.
Loud sound at switch on, then it drops to a very very low audio.

However the headphones work real well on my F75 and other detectors,................. just not on the GB-Pro.

ivanll
There is a impedance mismatch between the auvio transmitter and the GB Pro. There is one of two options to make it work. You either need to increase or decrease the resistance between the detector and the transmitter. Some people have used an in line volume control to increase the resistance to get theirs to work(Radio shack should have these).
My Auvio 33-283 did not initially work for either of my two older Garretts or my 1266X. increasing the resistance did not work for my old analog detectors. I had to reduce the resistance which I did by adding resistance in parallel(which reduces the total resistance) I made a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter and placed a resistor in parallel between the tip and ring(the two connections on the plug) Now my headphones work with all 3 detectors

Info much appreciated, Thank you.

A little experiment is coming up.

ivanll

Followed the advise of pan4au
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?80,1548964,1551069#msg-1551069

P9225306a.jpg

ivanll

ivanll, I'm glad that it worked for you...This works on many older detectors especially analog machines. If you've tried using an in-line volume control and that didn't work.. this should..

How much resistance are you applying in parrell on the plug?
Don