Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone jack..................

James/Washington

I have ordered my new 800 and it should be here in a few days. I have searched for an answer and looked through the manual and can not find what I am looking for. I have the Garrett Z-Lynk and the Z-Lynk Carrot and used it on other detectors. I want to use it with the 800. The manual shows the headphone jack to be 1/8". Is it just a standard 1/8" stereo connection or does it require a special connector to be able to use corded headphones or the Z-Lynk? It does not have to be waterproof.

After flipping further through the manual, I think I found my answer on page 58. I would still like to hear how others handle this. I am sure there are several ways in doing so.

Mono jack. Some have to use a separate plug in 1/4". If it dont have to be water proof...... why not use wireless phones?

You'll need the Minelab headphone adapter...1/8 to 1/4. I got one and hooked it up to my Deteknix W6 pro wireless headphones. They work great.

Because I want to use the Garrett Z-Lynk AND the Carrot Z-Lynk as I like to hear the pinpointer in my headphones. I am a bit of hard of hearing.

James/Texas said:
After flipping further through the manual, I think I found my answer on page 58. I would still like to hear how others handle this. I am sure there are several ways in doing so.

I am not familiar with the equipment you want to hook up. However the minelab cable would not run my black widows nor my sun ray phones. There are "others" that MFG a 1/8 to 1/4 cable to deal with compatibility issues. Dave

As others have mentioned, you will need a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter. However, the Equinox 800 comes with a ML 80 wireless (Bluetooth) headphone that has a built-in battery, and individual volume control as follows: The detector has its own volume control, and the headphone also has a volume control. It means that you can leave the detector's volume on the factory setting, and crank the headphone's volume as high as you want. If you still want more volume, then you can increase the detector's volume, too. But this ML 80 Bluetooth headphone is only included with the Equinox 800, and not the 600. Both the Equinox 800 and the 600 also come with an additional wireless module, with is a small Wi-Fi Stream (wireless) unit you can clip on your shirt or belt to be used on most wireless headphones that transmit on Wi-Fi Stream.

The advantage of using a wireless headphone like the one of the Equinox 800 is as follows: you aren't connected to the detector via a cable, so you can put the detector on the ground a couple of feet or more away from you to dig a target from the ground, and there is not a cable getting in the way or flapping around when you are swinging the detector or just walking.

Ted S said:
Ray...My 600 did not come with a module...Just the cheap headphones.

I apologize. You are right. The module and the ML 80 wireless headphones only come with the 800. In this case all you need is a 1/8 to 1/4 plug adapter, and only if you are going to use a different headphone than the one the 600 includes.