Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone mods on Excalibur II

101numlock

I am looking for advice on headphone mod for my excalibur II. Does anyone regret modding theres now that some time has gone by? Any issues arose since? And finally anyone have any instructions pref with pictures on doing this mod with a set of Peltor 98s ?

Had mine for over 2 years now, Got 4 sets now...No regrets....Second Best Mode you can make to the Excalibur

And this is what started it.........

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,992766,992908#msg-992908

i have a set of peltors that mel parker did up for me,ive not been able to get to the beach yet but ill know in a few weeks..they feel really good on my ears and seem like there gonna work allot better than the stock ones too..
hh
john

did thay just with the peltor 105's and they are great ,,just dont cut the wires !! every one is do it and loving it there is plenty of pics of the mod in the last 3 months

I think its a toss up which is the best mod, straight shaft or peltors, after trying wouldn't be without either, i'm thinking of doing the same on the Whites dual field

Yes I regret doing it sooner! I never liked the ocean noise and the wind blocking the soft signals. I always had to be facing the correct direction to hear. Now you can go any direction and still be able to hear those faint ticks that produce the best finds. I remember a post not long ago that one guy made a remark. Why do all you people get all bent out of shape about the errrrrrrrrr sound after a null?
He continued, just wait till the next good target and it will go away. Well my reason is simple some times targets aren't that close together (several minutes) and the setting for the Excalibur isn't a faint threshold!
It's a very very very faint threshold. And if your working in that null growl you are going to miss gold, plain and simple.
Lots of gold are nothing more than a threshold break, that won't be heard in discriminate, or with stock headphones!
An even better plan is to hunt in Almetal and you never need to worry about the null again and with the new mod you can set that threshold loooooooooooooow!