Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone port waterproof question

If I use my regular koss headphones that I got with my CTX and plug them in directly to the machine will that connection be water proof? I'm going to be needing to go into the surf knee-waist high and will likely get some wave action that could dunk me and the machine. Mine is v2 3 months old in terms of the battery area. Its weird having a waterproof detector that is not really waterproof.

Thanks

The regular headphone plug-in jack is not waterproof. The screw-on jack is but obviously requires a screw-on connector.

You may hear a lot about the CTX not being water proof........ but NONE are 100%. Upgrade your O ring and add a properly fitting O ring to the USB. Read up on the AT....... about anyone you have to open the box on comes with risks of flooding. I see no sense in having one if i cant use it as an all around machine...... i could have went with 2 machines, but i hate making the choice of which to take to the beach and being wrong or trying to take two machines and leaving one in a VERY hot car here in Fl.

Dew

Your regular Koss head phones are not water proof. I purchased a pair from Gray Ghost head phones that are water proof. They screw into the fitting that is on top of the CTX next to the battery.You have to take the cover off. If I go wading up to my waist, I will use the water proof head phones.. Another good habit to get into is, if you are going into the water, use your AA battery pack instead of the chargeable battery. If something goes wrong with the battery pack you only have to buy new AA batteries. Read the chapter about water hunting, don't take chances, get the heavy duty O rings, keep the battery pack clean of sand. You have a great machine, if used properly. I hope this helps.

Jim