Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone question

D&P-OR

I know very little about wireless h.p.'s as I have never had a pair of them.-----Going by that CTX picture---Is this the way it works---It looks like those Koss h.p.'s plug into the top of that module with a 1/4" plug and you carry the module with you to use the h.p.'s "wireless (from the detector).-----Can you unplug those same Koss h.p.'s from the module and plug them into the CTX to use it as a corded h.p.?----Or do you have to use another h.p. with a 1/4" plug?-----Forgive my ignorance on this subject but I'm trying to figure out just how it works----Also, how can it be called "wireless" when you have a cable running from the h.p. to the module?----Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.-----With what very limited info. we have on it so far with the pictures, etc., the CTX surely accepts 1/4" standard h.p. plugs if you choose to run it that way (with regular h.p.'s), right?-------I know we will find out many things about this detector on the 11th--but this is something I've been really curious about.-----I wished you didn't have to carry a module box around with you on your person if this is the way it works.

No one knows. I hope they have a waterproof headphone that would attach to the detector. With the detector being waterproof the 1/4 inch headphone plug is not going to plug into it I can tell you that much.

Excellent point Jason---and with that module plug from the Koss phones, you aren't going to be able to take that set up to the 10' (or any submersed) level, if I'm understanding this right.------Seems like in order to have the unit (and h.p.'s) waterproof you would have to "loose" the Koss h.p.'s and module and go to a waterproof headphone that attaches (seals) to the detector (as you suggested).------You must not be going to be able to use "regular" h.p.'s and jack on the CTX then.------I'll sure be glad when Randy is free to answer all our questions---we'll have him up all night. :biggrin:
Jason in TN said:
No one knows. I hope they have a waterproof headphone that would attach to the detector. With the detector being waterproof the 1/4 inch headphone plug is not going to plug into it I can tell you that much.

D&P-OR said:
Excellent point Jason---and with that module plug from the Koss phones, you aren't going to be able to take that set up to the 10' (or any submersed) level, if I'm understanding this right.------Seems like in order to have the unit (and h.p.'s) waterproof you would have to "loose" the Koss h.p.'s and module and go to a waterproof headphone that attaches (seals) to the detector (as you suggested).------You must not be going to be able to use "regular" h.p.'s and jack on the CTX then.------I'll sure be glad when Randy is free to answer all our questions---we'll have him up all night. :biggrin:

That sounds about like what I was thinking looks like with the wireless any 1/4 headphones will work. Don't know if they have a waterproof phone that attaches to detector I hope so. If not that was a big mistake.

D&P-OR said:
I know very little about wireless h.p.'s as I have never had a pair of them.-----Going by that CTX picture---Is this the way it works---It looks like those Koss h.p.'s plug into the top of that module with a 1/4" plug and you carry the module with you to use the h.p.'s "wireless (from the detector).-----Can you unplug those same Koss h.p.'s from the module and plug them into the CTX to use it as a corded h.p.?----Or do you have to use another h.p. with a 1/4" plug?-----Forgive my ignorance on this subject but I'm trying to figure out just how it works----Also, how can it be called "wireless" when you have a cable running from the h.p. to the module?----Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.-----With what very limited info. we have on it so far with the pictures, etc., the CTX surely accepts 1/4" standard h.p. plugs if you choose to run it that way (with regular h.p.'s), right?-------I know we will find out many things about this detector on the 11th--but this is something I've been really curious about.-----I wished you didn't have to carry a module box around with you on your person if this is the way it works.

My opinion - I don't think that the standard package will be with any kind waterproof headphones. Yes, on the picture it seems like Koss headphones that come with E-Trac. I am quite sure that ML still left the option to directly connect wired headphones to the detector unit. From the picture it seems to me that Koss headphones are connected to receiver unit via standard 3,5mm jack (unlike E-Trac's Koss'es that come with quarter-inch jack) which would be great - you could simply connect any headphones out there on the market leaving out all those "1/4" to 3,5mm adaptors" - including H2O audio headphones available here: H2O Audio (as a triathlete I've tested several models from them and they are of decent quality - it's not Shure/Etymotics/Koss kind of audio quality, but try to swim with those...). My only "negative" comment related to this topic - being the owner of XP Deus with it's tiny wireless headphones I could think of building the receiver unit within the headphones itself...

I was wondering the same. It appears the wireless Head Phone transmitter will allow you to use your choice of headphones. Look at the rear if the machine, the battery pack appears to have latches on either side. It also looks to be split above the Minelab logo, above the logo there is a hole and beside that there is some sort of plug maybe. Maybe that is a waterproof connection. The machine has some sort if receiver to get the signals the Headphone transmitter sends to it so surely there is a connection directly on the machine for Headphones.

Come on May 11.

BCOOP

bcoop said:
I was wondering the same. It appears the wireless Head Phone transmitter will allow you to use your choice of headphones. Look at the rear if the machine, the battery pack appears to have latches on either side. It also looks to be split above the Minelab logo, above the logo there is a hole and beside that there is some sort of plug maybe. Maybe that is a waterproof connection. The machine has some sort if receiver to get the signals the Headphone transmitter sends to it so surely there is a connection directly on the machine for Headphones.

Come on May 11.

BCOOP
It's not a technology obstacle to make the audio output waterproof (absolutely minimal impact on the price) as long as the output is there - I cannot see it on my blo*** monitor when checking the picture...

:clapping:......a partial answer is now from Kellico.
Their advice sings:
........the item is sold "with (or without) Wireless Headphones"
This means a lower price when without.
Hope there will be also a choice "whith or whitout GPS "

SERIC said:
:clapping:......a partial answer is now from Kellico.
Their advice sings:
........the item is sold "with (or without) Wireless Headphones"
This means a lower price when without.
Hope there will be also a choice "whith or whitout GPS "

I doubt this - with or without GPS would mean to have 2 different versions produced. If there are let's say 2 versions to choose from it's gonna be about w/ or w/o accessories that might/might not be in the package with the detector itself...

When I read through these posts, I am reminded why I love this hobby so much. There is such a keen, common thought process that it is like sitting around the table visiting with people you've known for years.

So if we go through the posts in this string and sort out what it is you've come up with, it appears to me that you've identified 5 possible audio options........ First, we could assume there is a speaker built into the detector. Second would be using your favorite standard headphones via what one of you described as being to be a jack in the back panel of the detector housing. Third is the obvious use of your favorite headphones plugged into the wireless module, as depicted in the picture that has been provided by Minelab. Fourth would be the speaker within the module that is apparent when you enlarge the picture. And fifth would be the optional waterproof headphones that have been referred to in several posts. The only question that remains is where they would connect. And I'm sure we'll figure that out in due time. Great job folks! HH Randy