Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone question

Syd BC

I purchased the Gray Ghost Amphibians for my Garrett ATX and really like them. Very comfortable and great sound. My question is, if I could get the right connector, would these phones work with my Excal II? I would like to get rid of the poor fitting yellow phones. I know that there could be a challenge in making the connector waterproof but I am not diving. I checked with Garrett to see if they could provide the connector but they don't sell it. Is it available from anyone else?

Thank-you for any ideas on this.

Syd

Joe Beachnut (oldbeachnut) does a modification to the Excal. I don't know if he has perfected the the mod to allow the headphones to be used interchangeably or not. You would have to check with him.

I am hoping to get him to fix me up with a set of headlphones for the Excal this fall when he gets back into the business of doing them. Its time to be detecting in his area so he will be doing that until fall.

I find the headphones on the Excal to border on Junk. Lousy reproduction of sound, Very difficult to hear weaker targets when the wind is blowing or the surf is pounding. At Joe's recommendation I put gel pads on mine and that made them a lot more comfortable.

Thanks GSC...I make several different configurations for the Excalibur but like George said they won't be available till I open shop again after Thanksgiving...You could always take the stock endcap and cut the yellows off, drill out the hole and refit with the GGA's...They really make a big difference on the Excalibur...

One of my favorite.

Then setup for the remote PP on the excalibur

Gray Ghost Amphibians sound really nice on the water hunting PI I built.

Thanks Oldbeachnut, I'll get back to you after Thanksgiving. I really like the Amphibians on my ATX but wasn't sure if the Garrett phones receiver was available, or could be installed on the Excal. Syd