Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

headphones and wireless questions (water)

spdnj

I am reading a lot of different things about the following and would like clarification. If I say something incorrect here please also correct it.
You can plug standard 1/4" headphones into the detector and use them, you can also plug standard 1/4" headphones into the wireless unit and use them. If you are using the wireless unit it can not get wet and if the detector is fully submerged then it will lose its connection to the wireless unit. Going on the premise that the above is accurate here are my questions:
1. When you plug standard 1/4" headphones into the unit it is or is not a waterproof connection?
2. If it is not then what type of connector is on the waterproof headphones that minelab sells?
3. If it is a 1/4" connection what needs to be done to make it waterproof? If not what would it take to get that connector on a third parties water proof headphones.

I am interested in using this detector in the water but I do not care for the yellow excal type headphones that minelab is offering so I am trying to plan now to have a setup that will work when I get the detector
Thanks!!

spdnj said:
I am reading a lot of different things about the following and would like clarification. If I say something incorrect here please also correct it.
You can plug standard 1/4" headphones into the detector and use them, you can also plug standard 1/4" headphones into the wireless unit and use them. If you are using the wireless unit it can not get wet and if the detector is fully submerged then it will lose its connection to the wireless unit. Going on the premise that the above is accurate here are my questions:
1. When you plug standard 1/4" headphones into the unit it is or is not a waterproof connection?
2. If it is not then what type of connector is on the waterproof headphones that minelab sells?
3. If it is a 1/4" connection what needs to be done to make it waterproof? If not what would it take to get that connector on a third parties water proof headphones.

I am interested in using this detector in the water but I do not care for the yellow excal type headphones that minelab is offering so I am trying to plan now to have a setup that will work when I get the detector
Thanks!!

1. It's not a waterproof connection. There are no 1/4" jack connections that are waterproof
2. It's some type of waterproof connector they've wired to a set of Excalibur type headphones
3. You can't do that as far as I know. Good luck.

The detector has two separate headphone conections on the rear of the unit. The standard 1/4" female connector and the waterproof connector. To access the waterproof connector you remove a small cover which also removes the standard 1/4" jack. Underneath is the waterproof jack which works with the Minelab waterproof headphones which are sold separately.

Dave

I sure hope we will be able to get those connectors in the future to setup third party headphone, the yellow excal headphone can be a pain.