Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones choices?

I know a lot of folks disagree with my choice and, admittedly, I have little experience locating, but, I have a pair of Koss Everywear SoloStereophones (http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^fs^Solo) that I find wonderful in every way. Yes, they have small gauge straight wire as opposed to a heavy coiled cord, but, they are only $19.95 and carry a lifetime warranty. The audio response is terrific, they are quite comfortable, they have an inline volume control (which I just leave on high and control from the machine) and even though they have full earcups, they do not totally block out external noises.....so you can still hear someone yelling at you to "get off their property or they will shoot!" Your local Whalemart should have them in stock.

I just chose not to spend the 'big bucks' on a 'made for locating' set. BTW, I do have two pair of the 'made for locating' headphones and I don't like the weight, audio clarity or comfort of either one.

Don't know where you are in Tenn., but, from what I have seen on this forum, you have a lot of history buried in your state.....best wishes on finding some!!

Edit: Forgot to mention that you will need a 3.5mm to 1/4" stereo adapter for the Koss headphones, also, available at Wally World.

I bought a pair of adjustable Killer Bee's from Gene Scullion and like them very much.
I have a hearing loss in my right ear and being able to adjust the right side volume helped me alot.
:detecting:

I've tried all price points and for me I have found the upper end priced ones to be the best. They have better clarity and can pick up those whispers that can be missed with lesser priced ones. I currently use Gray Ghost, which was recommended by my dealer for the LTD and they are great. HH jim tn

the fall off the ladder I experienced in June left me with a fractured scull, four broken ribs, a nifty concussion and in a neck brace for over a month. Still however, we're dealing with the ruptured eardrum I also experienced. I had the ruptured right ear drum and infection as well. That's sort of better, except that I have scar tissue on that ear and that we're dealing with and I can guarantee you that my hearing loss is much greater than 70% or 80% on the right, and still bad as it was on the left.

Fortunately, I rely on two pair of headphones that are essentially the same. Minor differences is 'texture', so to speak, but both excellent headphones. They are the Killer B 'Wasp' and SunRay Pro Gold. I use them as do my closest hunting buddies (my suggestion :) ) because they work quite well. Comfortable, don't flop on the head, and the audio quality is great! Very functional volume controls for each ear and that can be very important.

Yes, I know that there are a few, not many, other top-end headphone manufacturers who also make a decent headphone, but since you asked about our personal preference, I answered.

Monte

Where did you get the gray ghost jm tn.........rick in mi.

Jim, there are a bunch of Gray Ghost models.....which ones are you using?