Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones not pairing with new HF 9.5 coil

Tony N (Michigan)

I updated the detector to v.7.2 the other day.
Today I received a new 9.5 HF coil.
If I put sound ON on the detector I hear the coil. I take sound off on the detector and cannot hear the coil in the headphones.
Do I need to go back to v.4.0?

I put in the new coil serial #'s into the detector and chose that coil. And turned on the headphones and chose that new coil as well.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I don't know why it now works but I put on a LF coil, set it to #1 coil in Detector and Headphones and the LF coil works through headphones.

Then I put the new HF coil on, selected #3 coil in detector and headphones and can now hear the coil through headphones.

Don't know why it didn't work before. I had #3 selected in detector and headphones before. Just glad it works now!

I had a similar problem until i went through the headphone menu and found that the headphones were on the other coil i had, i changed it on the headphones and not it works fine.

Once i did that i could change back and forth between my two coils with not problem

The strange thing was I had my two LF coils in #'s 1 & 2 and the new HF coil in slot #3.
I chose #3 in the detector and on the headphones. Maybe I should have waited a few minutes?

Digger 45 said:
I had a similar problem until i went through the headphone menu and found that the headphones were on the other coil i had, i changed it on the headphones and not it works fine.

Once i did that i could change back and forth between my two coils with not problem

I've found whenever changing coils it almost never automatically integrates with the puck. Always just change the puck to right coil before starting out

In other words, turn on headphone puck first, change to the coil you want THEN turn on the detector?

LTimedigger said:
I've found whenever changing coils it almost never automatically integrates with the puck. Always just change the puck to right coil before starting out

Add the coil to the remote and then hit a few targets with the new coil to make sure it is paired up correctly. Then turn on the headphones and make sure the signal is coming through the headphones as well. When you power everything down the last coil used with the remote will be in the headphones memory list.

I thought maybe it was 5.21 but thought maybe i missed something

When you power up look at the bottom of the controller and it will say the current version, 5.21 you have to look quick because it will go away be for you now it.

Digger 45 said:
I thought maybe it was 5.21 but thought maybe i missed something

When you power up look at the bottom of the controller and it will say the current version, 5.21 you have to look quick because it will go away be for you now it.

Yes, I powered it up and it is 5.21.
Thanks for the tip!

I just posted a similar issue. But I am using the stock coil only at this point.

About half the time I am only getting coil noise. The other half, the headphones go quiet for the MI-6

Called xp Deus and sent back my unit, after updating from 4.0 to 5.21 constant chatter they said it is probably from the update. Couldn't tell me of anything to do but to send the LF coil, RC and the headphones into them.So off they went today to be repaired.