Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones/pinpointer question

No, They are suppose to release their new one that will fairly soon.

Curious how it will work having the detector and pin pointer paired simultaneously to the headphones. Cant have them both on at the same time or you will here sounds from both at the same time. so I imagine you have to manually turn on and off the detector every time you use the pinpointer?
The MI6 automatically turns the Deus on and off but there are connection and delay issues a real PITA. I prefer to have them run separately(no pinpointer through the headphone) rather then cycle the detector on and off all the time.
Be careful what you wish for lol.

Curious how it will work having the detector and pin pointer paired simultaneously to the headphones. Cant have them both on at the same time or you will here sounds from both at the same time. so I imagine you have to manually turn on and off the detector every time you use the pinpointer?
The MI6 automatically turns the Deus on and off but there are connection and delay issues a real PITA. I prefer to have them run separately(no pinpointer through the headphone) rather then cycle the detector on and off all the time.
Be careful what you wish for lol.
When you turn the pinpointer on the headphones disconnected from the machine, pinpointer is tied to the headphones only. When the pinpointer is off the headphones go back to the machine

When you turn the pinpointer on the headphones disconnected from the machine, pinpointer is tied to the headphones only. When the pinpointer is off the headphones go back to the machine
There is just no way for it to switch automatically. As is now you can pair the headphones with something else like your cell phone but to switch back and forth you have to long press the + button for 1 second. Short press and it will do another function, long press for 2 seconds a different function. I would imagine thats how its going to work but i can see it also being a pita.

Garrett’s Z Lynk AT pin pointer overlaps with the detector. Nokta’s current Pulse Dive mutes/disconnects the HPs from the detector.

Well, you do have to turn the Pin pointer on.;)

Im perfectly satisfied with the Garrett on silent mode and it vibrating. When on the initial edges of EMI the detector still chatters a bit. I’ve had the pinpointer fire off just holding it out above the ground thus basically useless, why clog up your senses with an overload of auditory “crap” in your ears?

Automatically without doing anything?
I have heard it is going to be similar to the Pulse dive and the Simplex Plus, in the way it performs with the Legend

the way the Pulse dive works with the Simplex is it pairs with the Simplex headphones and then when you go to use the Pulse dive to pinpoint it cuts the connection of the headphones from the Simplex then when you power the Pulse dive off the headphones connect back to the simplex plus, it is all done automatically once the pulse dive is paired to the headphones that work with the Simplex, I do know the Legend can only pair with one bluetooth capable device at a time but the Legend headphones can pair with two different channels or two different devices at one time

I will also say I never could get my pulse dive to pair with my simplex headphones, I messed with it for months trying to geet the headphones and pulse dive to pair and nothing would work so I eventually gave up and moved on

I have heard it is going to be similar to the Pulse dive and the Simplex Plus, in the way it performs with the Legend

the way the Pulse dive works with the Simplex is it pairs with the Simplex headphones and then when you go to use the Pulse dive to pinpoint it cuts the connection of the headphones from the Simplex then when you power the Pulse dive off the headphones connect back to the simplex plus, it is all done automatically once the pulse dive is paired to the headphones that work with the Simplex, I do know the Legend can only pair with one bluetooth capable device at a time but the Legend headphones can pair with two different channels or two different devices at one time

I will also say I never could get my pulse dive to pair with my simplex headphones, I messed with it for months trying to geet the headphones and pulse dive to pair and nothing would work so I eventually gave up and moved on
Whats weird oldkoot is that they are all just BT from my understanding and should work the same. Never had a pulse dive but why wouldn’t that just pair with the legend headphones like it does with the simplex? You cant use the legend headphones with the simplex and vs versa?

The Pulse Dive is not Bluetooth, it is proprietary with the NM Green Edition HPs.

The Pulse Dive is not Bluetooth, it is proprietary with the NM Green Edition HPs.
So i would guess the new pin pointer for the legend would require a new Green Edition headset to be able to switch back and forth to work like it does for the simplex? Little confused. I thought the headsets for both were both BT and worked the same. But the pulse dive only syncs everything with the proprietary Green Edition HP’s so for a new pin pointer to do the same would also require the GE HP’s or can they make it work with BT.
Not a big headphone person so how they all work and the technology is kinda new.
Just like XP proprietary radio communication requires all the components to have that technology, pinpointer, headset, and detector. I don’t know if it can all work with just regular BT

I don't think the new Nokta pin pointer is suppose to be compatible with the older detectors, just the Bluetooth ones like the Legend and new Simplex.

Whats weird oldkoot is that they are all just BT from my understanding and should work the same. Never had a pulse dive but why wouldn’t that just pair with the legend headphones like it does with the simplex? You cant use the legend headphones with the simplex and vs versa?
Simplex plus does not utilize Bluetooth it uses WiFi from my understanding

I don't think the new Nokta pin pointer is suppose to be compatible with the older detectors, just the Bluetooth ones like the Legend and new Simplex.
the Legend utilizes Bluetooth Codec Aptx LL which is only one codec in all of the Bluetooth connections, there are many different Codec's Aptx,LE 5.0,5.1,5.2,5.5 and several others

the new Accupoint is supposed to be compatible with all the older Legends and the new Legends as well as the new Simplex's, not sure if the Accupoint will connect with anything else that utilizes the same Bluetooth Codec or not

the Bluetooth Codec is what confuses everyone and they do not realize that just because something says it is Low Latency does not mean it is compatible with Bluetooth Aptx LL, which is a vary low form of Low Latency in the Bluetooth Codec's, the Aptx LL runs 40 m/s or faster Aptx runs around 150 m/s (just a for instance) Aptx LL is a very fast connection compared to most Bluetooth connections

So i would guess the new pin pointer for the legend would require a new Green Edition headset to be able to switch back and forth to work like it does for the simplex? Little confused. I thought the headsets for both were both BT and worked the same. But the pulse dive only syncs everything with the proprietary Green Edition HP’s so for a new pin pointer to do the same would also require the GE HP’s or can they make it work with BT.
Not a big headphone person so how they all work and the technology is kinda new.
Just like XP proprietary radio communication requires all the components to have that technology, pinpointer, headset, and detector. I don’t know if it can all work with just regular BT
Nokta already has the headphones, the ones that come with the Legend can connect to two different devices at one time even though the Legend can only connect to one device at a time, unless they are going send out a update so the Accupoint connects to the Legend some how, which I doubt, but who actually knows, guess we will all find out when the Accupoint arrives at some point

My original Deus shuts off when the pinpointer turns on and turns on when the pinpointer turns off. The switch between them is almost instantaneous. I don't have a problem with that. I would hope Nokta can do the same.