Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

headphones

bacardi

whats best head phones to use i was going get pr grey ghosts but see they have issues with minelab detectors

GG Ultimates work great on all my Minelab machines. Sun-Ray Pro Golds are the most comfortable. Also like Killer Bee Wasps. Try and get a comfortable set if you can try different ones on. HH :minelab:

The problem with Grey Ghosts with the Excalibur is that most people don't read the directions on how to switch the impedance on the phones.

If you wire them wrong, they sound muffled and you cannot get the volume up. There is a little tag that is in with the headphones that shows how to change the impedance to the correct value for Minelab detectors but most people don't follow the directions and just hook them up as best they can.

They are pretty good but there are better ones out there. That is just my opinion.

For those GG that plug into the detector there is no problem on the Minelabs other than maybe the Excalibur that you have to wire in as said already. Now the only problem with most of them I have seen is a wire getting broke in the cord or the connector as they wont work on the Minelab and may work on other detectors, this is the reason they put a compatibility switch on them so you can use them on the mono or stereo output of your detector as some are stereo and some are mono so if one of the wires breaks it wont work on the Minelabs. There is some headphones that have this built in so you don't have a switch to switch one way or the other, but if the wire breaks it too will not work on the Minelabs and some other detectors too, but will work on some others so some say the headphones wont work on the Minelab, but in reality it has a broken wire in the cable someplace.