Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones

lambo1

Can anyone that has used the CTX verify if you can plug in just about any headphones into the CTX and have them work without the speaker
on the CTX working at the same time?

I have a set of GG NDT's and RATS and I want to make sure they would work as I would probably be going with the starter pack.

Thanks,
Lambo

Yep, they should work. The jack for the "regular" headphones is the standard 1/4-inch jack. I have used GG original, GG NDT's, Garrett Ace and Koss UR30's. All of them worked fine, and it does disconnect the detector's speaker when they are plugged in. HH Randy

Hi Digger is the headphone jack on the ctx 3030 water proof if u do not have the water proof head phone's how will that work

Recommendation is to not use the standard headphone jack, with headphones plugged in, while in the water. Either use the waterproof headphones, use the wireless module and make sure it stays dry, or don't use heaqdphones and listen to the speaker built into the CTX 3030. There are some "use and care" instructions in the manual that should be read by those intending to go swimming with their detector. HH Randy

Oka thank so if I'M RIGHT THE WATER PROOF HEAD PHONE THAT U CAN BY FROM ML WILL HAVE SOME KIND OF WATER PROOF BOOT THAT WILL SEAL THE HEADPHONE WHEN PLUG IN TO THE DETECTOR RIGHT ???? BUT IF U DO NOT HAVE THE WATERPROOF HEAD PHONE FROM ML THE HEAD PHONE PLUG ON THE CTX IS WATERPROOF OR IS THERE A RUBBER PLUG THAT NEEDS TO BE IN STALLED TO MAKE IT WATER PROOF SORRY FOR THE DUMB QUESTON BUT THE WATER PROOFING OF THIS DETECTOR IS WY I AM BAYING ONE THANKS.......:minelab:

Actually, the headphone module that the standard headphones plug into comes off. Under it you'll find another headphone jack that is designed to accommodate the Minelab waterproof headphones. HH Randy

Randy,

Are you taking photos with that infrared filter on just to show off?:rofl:

BB

I've been trying to figure that out, understand how that works to.-----When you are using the CTX in the water---what keeps water from running into the regular headphone jack on the machine?----Or does the waterproof h.p.'s plug into the same hole as the regular h.p.'s "hole" and there is a rubber seal or boot, so as to plug them both into the same place.---I guess what I'm really asking is: do both the regular and waterproof h.p.'s plug into the same "jack" (hole) on the CTX?-----Please explain it to me SLOWLY, I'm not too swift! :tongue:
Hockey2 said:
Oka thank so if I'M RIGHT THE WATER PROOF HEAD PHONE THAT U CAN BY FROM ML WILL HAVE SOME KIND OF WATER PROOF BOOT THAT WILL SEAL THE HEADPHONE WHEN PLUG IN TO THE DETECTOR RIGHT ???? BUT IF U DO NOT HAVE THE WATERPROOF HEAD PHONE FROM ML THE HEAD PHONE PLUG ON THE CTX IS WATERPROOF OR IS THERE A RUBBER PLUG THAT NEEDS TO BE IN STALLED TO MAKE IT WATER PROOF SORRY FOR THE DUMB QUESTON BUT THE WATER PROOFING OF THIS DETECTOR IS WY I AM BAYING ONE THANKS.......:minelab:

n/t