Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones

Sunray pro gold work great with the F75! :detecting:
They are quiet with twin vol. controls, nice cord and very sensitive.
I use them with my F75 ltd

I have Gray Ghost Ultimate's and use them on all of my detectors.Love them...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DetectorPro-Ultimate-Gray-Ghost-Signal-Limiting-Headphones-with-1-4-Angle-Plug-/281151424628?hash=item4175ee4874:g:mzwAAOSwBLlVaw7f

Gray Ghost Ultimate's are great. Dual controls, comfortable and really can pick up those soft tic's and whimpers. HH jim tn

Sun Ray Pro Gold is my choice, as well, although I have used Grey Ghost headphones in the past and they are just as good. Both give great sound and are comfortable to wear for hours at a time.

jimmyk in Missouri

Don't go cheap, the headphones are critical for your detector to live up to it's full potential. My first set of headphones were the sun Ray pros and they were great, I'm now using the Grey Ghost and they are great also.

If you don't want to spend $100+ you might want to try the Koss QZ99 headphones. They're well built and have good sound and come with a long cord. Less than $40 on Amazon. I don't have any experience with the higher end HP's like Killer B's or Sunrays. I'm gonna save up for a pair and try them though just to see if there's any difference in the audio quality between them and the Koss.

VaBill said:
Did you mean to comment under my reply? Killer Bees are quality headphones.
No, I was just making a general reply to the OP. From what I've read about them, the Killer B's would be my choice when I get a new pair. I especially like the fact that the ear muff is made of leather. Plus the cord is nice and long and looks very sturdy where it joins the muff.

I bought the sun ray pro golds recently and love them . Awesome sound quality , very well made , superb fit , and real leather ear muffs. Best I've used so far .

I have the Gray Ghost and the Killer B's. Either one is great but I prefer the Killer B's Wasp Optima. You need a good pair of headphones to hear the faint whispers and these are great. They really block the outside noises.

Grey Ghost NDT - love those, two cords = no worries. If the cans have a problem they just go back to detector pro.
Im big on a few flavors of GG cans. I own several.

The audio and visual systems on the F75 are independent of each other, as per the F75 manual. With that said, your best headphones will be high end headphones made for metal detectors. I personally use Grey Ghost Originals on my F75 and on my Tejon. I can't say if they are better or worse than other brands of high end metal detecting headphones like Killer Bees. They are much better than any headphones made for music, even my high end Sennheiser stereo music headphones don't compare to the Grey Ghosts on a metal detector.

still looking 52 said:
Don't go cheap, the headphones are critical for your detector to live up to it's full potential. My first set of headphones were the sun Ray pros and they were great, I'm now using the Grey Ghost and they are great also.

One thing to consider with the Gray Ghost is that the company changed from using a much higher quality speaker (much more expensive speaker lets put it that way) than they use now due to cost, although they didn't reduce their price! and they didn't just raise the price for the original's and introduce a more economy version either! they just dropped the use of the more expensive speaker and installed a more cost effective alternative 'Without' ANY notice to the consumer!!! They did this flipflop around four years ago!
What happened in "SL52" case is, he was in need of some headphones and had the chance to use a loaner set of GG which were the older VERSION! Well, he really liked them so he orders a NEW set and when he gets them they WERE NOT anything like the loaners!!!! he contacts the company thinking maybe the ones he got were defective, well that wasn't the case. Costumer service informed him of the speaker switch a few years earlier, at that point it became a customer complaint of sort, so costumer service gave him an option of returning the headphones to them for a "Speaker Upgrade" (the old speakers) at a cost of course. Now a NEW users to the GG would not have anyway of comparing the early version to the new version and in that case all may be fine. The problem as I see it is if I have a set that are the early version and I recommend them to someone and that person goes out and buys them well they're getting the same headphones!!!.

Mark