Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones?

RwPen

Anyone tried any earbud headphones on the Nokta Legend? It's been so hot I've just been using the built-in speaker but feel with my hearing headphones suit me better.

I know several guys have posted that they’re using them. I have a pair that I paired just to see if they would and they did.

I’ve not tried but as stated make sure what you pair is rated low latency. There is a youtube video where in that video the guy shows with a delayed sound response you think you are over the target but up to two or more inches off depending on swing speed. Pinpointing off but not that much.

Mine are low latency at 40 ms which should be fast enough for most situations….it’s 40 milliseconds I doubt anyone is that quick brained. However the earbuds have to be in the proper mode as well some have different modes. Then again I swing at a slower speed since fast won’t last and haste makes waste. This isn’t a whites 6000 DI pro that needs to be whipped to get depth. But different strokes for different folks.
Also I never pay attention to you tubers…I detect in the real…have for 40 years. I can make anything suck in a YouTube video if I wanted…

You can usually smell the BS guys pretty quickly…… this guy was not touting any particular brand or style. It did show tho what the difference “can be” if not following manufacturers suggestion. Pretty simple stuff to see and absorb.

Mine are low latency at 40 ms which should be fast enough for most situations….it’s 40 milliseconds I doubt anyone is that quick brained. However the earbuds have to be in the proper mode as well some have different modes. Then again I swing at a slower speed since fast won’t last and haste makes waste. This isn’t a whites 6000 DI pro that needs to be whipped to get depth. But different strokes for different folks.
Also I never pay attention to you tubers…I detect in the real…have for 40 years. I can make anything suck in a YouTube video if I wanted…
I use them…work fine if you get low latency. I don’t like sweating in earphones when it’s humid either. Volume isn’t as punchy with earbuds but certainly can hear fine I just have to max the volume to 6
Hey azsh07, what brand and model of earbuds are you using…???…… I need some , it’s way to hot ….. I hate my ears being ringing wet from headphones..

Hey azsh07, what brand and model of earbuds are you using…???…… I need some , it’s way to hot ….. I hate my ears being ringing wet from headphones..
Keywords to look for are "aptX-LL", which is a low latency codec Nokta supports. Non-LL devices will have a rather awful lag.

Alternatively, you can try putting some soft (cotton or fleece) aviation style covers on stock headphones (that's what I do with all my detectors).

Found what we need …… Tozo G1 gaming earbuds Low Latency .
Been there and done that. If you have used wired headsets on the Legend you will realize how much of delay 45 ms is. I tried these and even in the gaming mode the delay is unacceptable in comparison to wired. In addition , you will be forced to hunt without a threshold or accept one that is very loud.

@spr-- with 8 hours of Legend use under my belt, I'm not very keen on the headphones. There is a lag and they often fade out for a brief moment.

Not a reason to ditch the machine, but the ctx wireless is way better, methinks. I had the same complaint with the Nox.

It could be where Ronstar and I hunt-- lots of emi. I might start shutting off my phone-- whenever I go to text, the headphones go crazy. Nox did the same thing.

I bought the jy100 ear buds, and for whatever reason they don’t want to pair with my Legend….Is there some kind of trick to get them to pair ?…..They pair just fine on my ipad and sound great…The only setting I see on the legend is Bluetooth on/off….Am I missing something?
The jy100 tells me “pairing failed” after a couple of minutes….Not sure what I’m doing wrong

Last edited:
I had a pair of these delivered yesterday and had some issues pairing as well. I'm not sure if it helps , but dumb luck had me turn the Legend off and back on while the ear buds were on and it paired right up.. They sound good and seem to be pretty quick but no threshold will be an adjustment. Be sure to see that "Fd" on the screen first if you have paired it with another device

I bought the jy100 ear buds, and for whatever reason they don’t want to pair with my Legend….Is there some kind of trick to get them to pair ?…..They pair just fine on my ipad and sound great…The only setting I see on the legend is Bluetooth on/off….Am I missing something?
The jy100 tells me “pairing failed” after a couple of minutes….Not sure what I’m doing wrong
I didn't have any issues pairing mine linked right up.

Ok….I got it working….I had to UNlink what the detector was paired with earlier…While in the Bluetooth mode, I had to hold the Pinpoint/Accept reject button until ”Fd” appeared…..This procedure deleted whatever was paired earlier (my nokta headphones)…I then paired my jy100 phones with no problem….One would think that if there were no other Bluetooth devices nearby that were on, that the detector would automatically connect to the closest device that had Bluetooth turned on….but nooooooooo !