Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones?

Do the headphones make that much of a difference?

Most of the places I go to I don't use headphones at all. Either due to the PNW wild life (bears and cougars galore) or possible 2 legged predators.

Am I missing stuff not using the wireless headphones that came with my legend?
I prefer my low latency Bluetooth headphones. Not only do they allow for hearing faint sounds as many on this thread have expressed, they also help filter the wind on those day the wind is blowing. During cold months they also help keep my ears warm.

Are they Loud enough ?
Can I hear them over wind and noise ?
For me?…..No !……They sent me a 2nd set…….same thing….I’m gonna have to use in ear or over ear phones, or maybe the Torus, but the Torus draw attention if they’re loud enough for me to hear….They also have ear buds attached, but that defeats the purpose…So far the Nokta Bluetooth phones work the best for me…comfortable, and loud enough, and quality sound…and low latency !

Are they Loud enough ?
Can I hear them over wind and noise ?
Terry they do work good for me but not really sure you would be able to hear anything over the wind as far as

detecting, I really do not think you would honestly, I will tell you if I have them connected to my phone listening to music through them i cannot hear if someone is talking to me over the music so the volume you get through the Lingo's is really dependent upon the volume level of what ever the device is you have the Lingo's connected to, in other words the higher you can set the volume in a device the better the volume is through the Lingo's even though the Lingo's have onboard volume control on them

For me?…..No !……They sent me a 2nd set…….same thing….I’m gonna have to use in ear or over ear phones, or maybe the Torus, but the Torus draw attention if they’re loud enough for me to hear….They also have ear buds attached, but that defeats the purpose…So far the Nokta Bluetooth phones work the best for me…comfortable, and loud enough, and quality sound…and low latency !
yep so far I have not found anything to compete with the quality of sound over the Nokta supplied headphones which I refuse to use because of where I detect, I do not want to get nailed by a rattler or eaten by a Bear, or a mountain Lion LOL, I have to be able to stay aware of sounds around me while detecting and the over the ear headphones do not allow me to do that and earbuds are pretty much the same

yep so far I have not found anything to compete with the quality of sound over the Nokta supplied headphones which I refuse to use because of where I detect, I do not want to get nailed by a rattler or eaten by a Bear, or a mountain Lion LOL, I have to be able to stay aware of sounds around me while detecting and the over the ear headphones do not allow me to do that and earbuds are pretty much the same
OK,
I don’t think that I would be as concerned with what I was using to hear with, as much as I would be concerned about where I was detecting ! There has to be other/safer places where you can detect …. I’m picturing you detecting in the jungles of Africa ! 🫣

Just to report….After everything that I went through with the Lingo’s, Aventree really did try to accommodate me at their expense !
I have to give them a big thumbs up for their great customer service!….They are sending me a full refund ! I would not hesitate to purchase from this company if you find something that suits your needs !

In hind sight, I don’t think that ear buds are big enough to house good solid electronics that last…Every company that makes earbuds, has issues with them continuing to pair on a regular basis….just the nature of the beast…Larger units like headphones, or the Torus unit will probably work best for detecting needs…better quality components in a bigger build….Just one man’s opinion

Last edited:
The ear bud option on the Torus make them a game changer for me. Unneeded the majority of the time but when ambient noise gets troublesome they are wonderful to have to swap over to,,,,think of them as 4 wheel drive for your ears.

OK,
I don’t think that I would be as concerned with what I was using to hear with, as much as I would be concerned about where I was detecting ! There has to be other/safer places where you can detect …. I’m picturing you detecting in the jungles of Africa ! 🫣
The areas I detect are known gold and silver districts, my main detection is for gold nuggets so you have to go where the gold is and unfortunately the areas I detect for nuggets there are things out there that bite and so you have to stay aware of where you are at and what is around you, one bite from a rattle snake can mess you up pretty good and ruin a good hunt, there are bears here where I detect also as well as mountain Lions. javelina, and a few other critters that you need to stay on the look out for, plus also two legged critters that would not think twice about ruining your day, over the ear headphone, earbuds and things like that do not allow you to stay aware of your surroundings unfortunately so I use what works for me.

I received my replacement set of Lingo's and am very happy with them they are plenty loud enough for me to hear the tones from the Legend and my other detectors I use them with, all be it I have to use a wireless transmitter to use the Lingo's which also work great, yes I wish they were just a little louder but the volume is dependant on how high you can set the device you have the Lingo's connected to and unfortunately the Legend only has 6 levels of volume control which is why the Lingo's do not seem to be very loud to you, when I connect them to my cell phone the volume level is very loud but still not ear piercing and booming, I have no issues with being able to hear any sound coming through the Lingo's even when the wind is blowing.

Last edited:
Just to report….After everything that I went through with the Lingo’s, Aventree really did try to accommodate me at their expense !
I have to give them a big thumbs up for their great customer service!….They are sending me a full refund ! I would not hesitate to purchase from this company if you find something that suits your needs !

In hind sight, I don’t think that ear buds are big enough to house good solid electronics that last…Every company that makes earbuds, has issues with them continuing to pair on a regular basis….just the nature of the beast…Larger units like headphones, or the Torus unit will probably work best for detecting needs…better quality components in a bigger build….Just one man’s opinion
I agree with your assesment of Avantree customer service, they are a very good company to deal with when issues arise and I also would not hesitate to suggest to someone a purchase from avantree

The areas I detect are known gold and silver districts, my main detection is for gold nuggets so you have to go where the gold is and unfortunately the areas I detect for nuggets there are things out there that bite and so you have to stay aware of where you are at and what is around you, one bite from a rattle snake can mess you up pretty good and ruin a good hunt, there are bears here where I detect also as well as mountain Lions. javelina, and a few other critters that you need to stay on the look out for, plus also two legged critters that would not think twice about ruining your day, over the ear headphone, earbuds and things like that do not allow you to stay aware of your surroundings unfortunately so I use what works for me.

I received my replacement set of Lingo's and am very happy with them they are plenty loud enough for me to hear the tones from the Legend and my other detectors I use them with, all be it I have to use a wireless transmitter to use the Lingo's which also work great, yes I wish they were just a little louder but the volume is dependant on how high you can set the device you have the Lingo's connected to and unfortunately the Legend only has 6 levels of volume control which is why the Lingo's do not seem to be very loud to you, when I connect them to my cell phone the volume level is very loud but still not ear piercing and booming, I have no issues with being able to hear any sound coming through the Lingo's even when the wind is blowing.
I’m glad the Lingo’s are working for you….I’m sure that it’s a lot quieter where you hunt than it is where I am….I hope you’re packing when you go out with all those critters around….I worked oil exploration down in Texas mostly back when Jimmy Carter was in office…We were in all kinds of conditions…It got to where I could smell the scent of rattle snakes when they were in the area…Don’t ask me how, but I could !…I packed a National Match 45 when working….Texas was its own country back then…Being from NY I stuck out like a sore thumb down there, but once accepted, made some loyal friends there…There were 2 kinds of people…Texans,and those who weren’t !

Do the headphones make that much of a difference?

Most of the places I go to I don't use headphones at all. Either due to the PNW wild life (bears and cougars galore) or possible 2 legged predators.

Am I missing stuff not using the wireless headphones that came with my legend?
You can get an adapter to use a slim line head phone. Two advantages R , a lot cooler in the heat and you can hear your surroundings and still get a loud , solid target sound.