Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headpones

dewcon4414

For some of you who use the CTX for water hunting as well and are looking for a pretty darn good pair of phones id recommend Harold Ralphs. We've been talking phones for some time now. I make my own thanks to Joe (ole beach nut) i was lucky enough to get several versions over the years from him to test and keep. I thought mine were pretty reactive and loud especially compared to the options available on both the CTX and Xcal. I was real impressed with these ....... only pair of phones so far that ive had to turn down the volume on the CTX. Tones seem to be very accurate still....... all are not the same especially on water phones. Well made and fit tight with good muffs.... bit softer than the Pelters most of us use. Very well sealed too with the speaker in the ear piece. Ive got both Xcals and the CTX so being able to swap them out works well. Loud enough you have to turn down the threshold but you still pick up those very weak signals. Plenty of cable and that top part that sometimes can hurt you head is comfortable. As Max says...........i like um. Anyone interested i think he has them in the classified, but i have his email. Nice to have him close to me in Fl so it was just a couple of days shipping for me.

Dew

Heres a good picture of them which shows the speakers as well.

Dew

Thank You Dewcon for the very nice comment on the headphones, hope you enjoy them like the rest that has Bought them, May they last forever. Harold

I just got a pair from Harold and was getting ready to post about them. I just tried them on the beach last week and wanted to give them the full land/water test and they were great.. I agree this was the first pair of water headphones that I had to turn the volume down on my CTX. Responses is fast and loud. I can actually hear my threshold with great accuracy. Harold makes a great pair of headphones and I recommend them to anyone. They are as good or better than my pro golds only I can use them at the beach. I rarely go under the water hunting ,but wanted protection from the rouge wave or stumble in a pothole. I was hunting and found myself in a heavy rain storm. I was soaked and so was everything else with no problems to the headphones whatsoever.
Harold is a great guy to deal with and stands behind his product. I feel that a custom set of headphones are so much better than the mass produced products that we are forced to buy. If you are tired of your current water phones and and want a great pair that WORKS , give Harold a try. ,

Had to do some adjustments today for threshold and volume....... these babies should pick up those weak signals. Ive yet to put them on my Xcal....... but i will. I know some people complain about the CTX headphones not being loud enough....... well here ya go. You mentioned changing them out for jell pads for some........ but i really find these pretty comfortable i dont know if i would spend the additional money.

Well steve i'm pleased that you really like them and hope they last as long as you metal detect, very nice comment and appreciate it very much. Harold