Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hear the bugle calling.......

TheMarshall

kurtallen said:
I just received this message on the Minelab Forum and would like to pass it on:

William Gillraker-Guerre 9:16pm Feb 27
Attention all treasure hunters. This Florida senator has just signed off on a bill that was passed under the cover of night, which would make it illegal to metal detect in the state of Florida, including private property, beaches, etc. Please visit his facebook page and let him know how you feel about this bill... Remember, this is the gateway to your state, next. If we do not stand together now, united, we shall fall one at a time, state by state. I strongly urge each and everyone of you to visit his facebook page and let your voice be heard, now, before our beloved pastime becomes as much a part of history as the relics we find, preserve and share with the world.
The Senator is Alan Hays

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

Hytinaerhi said:
TheMarshall said:
Am I misinterpreting your post?...............TheMarshall

As a hobbyist I'm obviously very much against any sort of legislation that would ban metal detecting. English isn't my first language so I'm sorry for not making myself clear there.

:cheekkiss:Your English is fine.​

************************************************​

My apologies to you Hytinaerhi for being too sensitive, but the slightest mention of anyone wanting to ban the hobby, has me 'co-cking my rifle'...metaphorically speaking.

('scuse the funny spelling, but this board's 'spell checker' is a bit trigger happy when it comes to metaphors.) '@#$%&

I sincerely hope that IF the rumour is in fact reality, then reasonable folk will oppose this proposal with well reasoned augments.

Let

Well put Sir, its those who do not understand (MD) or what ever it be create the fear and those are many , they do not understand as they revoke our freedom they also by default dismantle their own.

as stated fear and misunderstanding go hand in hand and 90% of people will not take the time to understand hence live in fear , now us that partake in MD'ing do we need to educate or do we need to vacate?

one would have thought the bigger company's that sell metal detectors would in their own wisdom be lobbying governments and educating those that need to be educated about this great hobby even if only to protect their own interests?

the minority are always down trodden history shows this and the bigger the feet the harder to rise again so how do we as metal detectorists combine forces to make a stand before the feet get too big?

sitting by will only result in a disappointment for all concerned sense this is a minelab forum and the etrac is 99% used in parks and beaches do not minelab have in some part a duty to fight on our behalf for the freedom every man deserves the right to bear a metal detector?

so we need to unite unless we be defeated. or do we in part also live in fear that lobbying governments will bring undue attention to the hobby and make the laws saying NO pass quicker if we stay "undercover" will this solve the problem?

the choice is ours but the writing is on the wall this is not a joke people its real and they are watching us.

the saying if you don't stand for something you will fall for anything is apropos here.

BP