Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hearing aids VDI?

bootyhoundpa

A local ladies mother lost her 3 rd set of hearing aids..I’ve offered to help search for them..I realize this will be difficult at best but I do have plenty of experience hunting for micro jewelry so I don’t believe these would be anymore different...I was wondering if anyone else has had success hunting for hearing aids with the NOX or any other machine for that matter..I assume It would most likely give a stainless steel type of response being that the battery makes up the majority of it’s metal content...mostly inter in what to expect for a VDI.. thanks...

I wear BTE hearing aids that take size 10 batteries. With or without the battery I learned something very important.... with the Equinox it gives a grunt tone and a negative TID of -9 and -8. This is not the TID I was expecting at all! Hope this helps.
Another thing I want to point out is that its a very FAINT signal even with the hearing aids against the coil.
Good luck to you BHPA

I wear BTE hearing aids that take size 10 batteries. With or without the battery I learned something very important.... with the Equinox it gives a grunt tone and a negative TID of -9 and -8. This is not the TID I was expecting at all! Hope this helps.
Another thing I want to point out is that its a very FAINT signal even with the hearing aids against the coil.
Good luck to you BHPA
Wow.i knew it would be a tough signal but didn’t think it would be that low..I thought perhaps a 1 or 2..i do appreciate the input though..thanks EPL...

I have succeeded twice in finding hearing aids (BTE) Behind the Ear. I was using a Troy X5 and have not tried with my Equinox.
I just went out side in my yard, dropped my Oticon hearing aid and ran through and the settings for presets and frequencies of the 800,
The best signal response was in Park 1, 40KHz with the All Metal (Horseshoe) on so you see the -9 to 0 bars on the screen segments.
ANY YES -9 was the VID.
One thing to keep in mind, leave the digger in the car, you may just see the hearing aide before you hear the detector's lets you know its coil went over it.
Of course the hearing aide may be hiding under a leaf and just out of sight.

Just thought of it...some of the newer hearing aide have an app to control them and will also lead you to its location if it is still powered up. Go Find ME feature.

I have succeeded twice in finding hearing aids (BTE) Behind the Ear. I was using a Troy X5 and have not tried with my Equinox.
I just went out side in my yard, dropped my Oticon hearing aid and ran through and the settings for presets and frequencies of the 800,
The best signal response was in Park 1, 40KHz with the All Metal (Horseshoe) on so you see the -9 to 0 bars on the screen segments.
ANY YES -9 was the VID.
One thing to keep in mind, leave the digger in the car, you may just see the hearing aide before you hear the detector's lets you know its coil went over it.
Of course the hearing aide may be hiding under a leaf and just out of sight.

Just thought of it...some of the newer hearing aide have an app to control them and will also lead you to its location if it is still powered up. Go Find ME feature.
Thanks for the reply Water walker..well if nothing else it looks -8 or -9 is the VDI,probably again due to the battery ... fortunately for me the lady didn’t respond to my 2nd offer to look for them.. she did say they had a friend try to get a reading off another hearing aid and didn’t get a response..if they would have asked me to look I was gonna use gold 1 40khz as I like the crisp tight response.. funny you mention about the location feature built into some of them because that was my 1st thought when the lady wrote that this is the 3rd pair her mom has lost..hope she has insurance...