Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Heart shaped horshoe-Whatzits function??

Darkflight

Never found another like it & only a few popped up on my searches...

My wife likes it as a romantic relic. I like it as its old & crusty...But what was the purpose of the closed loop if any?

Not bent & it was "thrown"-there are still nails in it.

And the shape is hammered/forged flat together at the "V".

So this is its intended shape. The other side has the atypical toe ridge to keep the hoof from sliding forward.

It might be so your "luck" doesn't run out.

If I made something like that I would use it with a chain and or maybe a hook or toungs to lift, pull, tow, plough, etc. Dave has a good guess. I can't see how it could have been designed to fit a horse, mule or oxen.

It's an egg-bar shoe or 'Bar Shoe' and was meant to be closed in the back. The portion pointing inwards protects the horses frog and keeps pressure off of it. Bar shoes immobilize the foot to prevent excessive movement and repair hoof damage such as splits and cracks but they also have several other therapeutic purposes.

You Da Man!

I grew up with horses & even had a farrier friend. But I had never seen another like it.

Thanks again...

I have horses and agree, it is an egg-bar shoe. If you google it there are many images there of examples.

orthopedic footwear for horses? has logic ... but I think it's a lucky horseshoe with extra load powerfull :rofl:
Good hunt!