Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Heat and digging

vanstheman3

[size=medium]Hello everyone, Here is my problem and it's only going to get worse from here! It is just beginning to get warm and dry in Texas for the year! I went out yesterday morning early so I could get as much time in as I could before it got up into the mid 80s. In the four hours I was out, I dug like 4 just below surface targets and 8 deeper targets! I never got to a temperature that would have sent me home, what sent me home is the ground? I moved around the site and tried several conditions there, I dug four targets in four different wooded shady areas, It was the same everywhere! I will say it was like digging asphalt because I could fight through it and dig a hole! I gave up and went home because it Was getting Hotter! We Have had some rain not that long ago, and for Texas 85 is barely hot! I need to know from the Experienced detectors How to deal with this problem because it is only going to get worse fast here! Thanks in advance for any help GL & HH Pat[/size]

Yeah I'm down here in S. Texas and go thru this every year and have no solution for the ground except to just go out after a rain.Now you can beat the heat by going out at sunuo and hunt as long as you can. I'm on the coast so I usually hit the beach when the ground gets hard.HH

Try using a probe or screwdriver and poke holes in the ground-be sure not to hit target, u can even use these tools to pry up the ground-works for me:biggrin:
HH
MIKE