Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Heavy Iron Settings

Lost In Time

OK so the equinox has been out now for a good while I am interested on what people have settled on with regards to setting on the equinox 800 for when your in heavy iron, myself I have found 50 Tones to work the best I use a recovery of 7 iron bios between 0-2 and a sensitivity 16-18 I use auto ground balancing , what are people finding are there best settings for iron:biggrin:

took my machine fresh water hunting the other day in a river frequented by tubers in the summer months. Noticed that most of my aluminum trash related to pulltabs were ringing in around 12-14, so I kept digging them hoping that a good ring might be hiding in those numbers.

But I also found that certain iron items were nudged up into that same TID range---a horseshoe, railroad spike, a 1'' diameter square nut, and other miscellaneous iron trash.

So, in that environment, I'm thinking about nudging the iron bias up a notch or two to see what happens.