Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello all...

Steve(Can)

As a long time member of findmall, I recognize many of the names here and you might recognize mine. Over the years, I tend to hang out on the Views forum love to debate and get Guv's goat when I can. I've met many individuals who I have come to respect and care deeply for, some who have passed as the years have gone by, some who I count as dear friends who I am honoured to be called friend by.

Though I have never posted on the Christian Detecting Forum, I have stopped by occasionally to view the comments. Over the years, you all have forged strong bonds of shared faith and support and like on all the other forums at findmall, we have all been blessed and enriched by this place that Guvner has provided for us.

Though I have never posted on the Christian Detecting Forum, and though I have not attended church for many, many years, I have a deep personal faith in the God who created the heaven and the earth. I was raised in a Bible believing family, by parents and grandparents who day in and day out truly lived what they believed, and believe me, I was watching. The Bible says, Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it, and throughout my life the Christian faith has been a cornerstone, an anchor, a guiding light, a road map and even through the darkest times. The daily blessing bestowed to my grandparents and to my parents have been multiplied and bestowed on me and multiplied again to my children. Thoughout their lives and mine, every day I see evidence that His Word remains unchanged and the promises stand true. As in the words of the old hymn, Great is thy faithfulness.

So that is where I'm coming from, that's the path I'm on and why I am posting here this morning.

Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who trusts in him. God has not changed, all his promises stand true, I see proof of that every day as do you. Over the years, I have been blessed to know those in my family and many from every walk of life who live and breathe an authentic expression of God's power and his grace. I have seen hardened hearts softened, years of misery and abuse melted away by the transformational power of redemption, I have seen tears of joy running down the faces of the weary and heavy laden as they become new creatures in the light and the freedom of salvation. You all have too and that's why you're here.

So this is my question, because I am stumped on this, actually stunned beyond belief. If God has not changed, and he hasn't, and his word and his promises all stand true, what is happening to Christians and to Christianity?

You will know them by their fruits.

And the fruit of the spirt are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

So where is the hatred, the resentment, the strife, the accusations, the condemnation, the rudeness, the bullying, the fear, mostly the fear... where is that all coming from and how in Heaven's name has any of it become a part of the Christian message?

Stunned beyond belief on this. What is going on?

Last edited:
As a long time member of findmall, I recognize many of the names here and you might recognize mine. Over the years, I tend to hang out on the Views forum love to debate and get Guv's goat when I can. I've met many individuals who I have come to respect and care deeply for, some who have passed as the years have gone by, some who I count as dear friends who I am honoured to be called friend by.

Though I have never posted on the Christian Detecting Forum, I have stopped by occasionally to view the comments. Over the years, you all have forged strong bonds of shared faith and support and like on all the other forums at findmall, we have all been blessed and enriched by this place that Guvner has provided for us.

Though I have never posted on the Christian Detecting Forum, and though I have not attended church for many, many years, I have a deep personal faith in the God who created the heaven and the earth. I was raised in a Bible believing family, by parents and grandparents who day in and day out truly lived what they believed, and believe me, I was watching. The Bible says, Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it, and throughout my life the Christian faith has been a cornerstone, an anchor, a guiding light, a road map and even through the darkest times. The daily blessing bestowed to my grandparents and to my parents have been multiplied and bestowed on me and multiplied again to my children. Thoughout their lives and mine, every day I see evidence that His Word remains unchanged and the promises stand true. As in the words of the old hymn, Great is thy faithfulness.

So that is where I'm coming from, that's the path I'm on and why I am posting here this morning.

Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who trusts in him. God has not changed, all his promises stand true, I see proof of that every day as do you. Over the years, I have been blessed to know those in my family and many from every walk of life who live and breathe an authentic expression of God's power and his grace. I have seen hardened hearts softened, years of misery and abuse melted away by the transformational power of redemption, I have seen tears of joy running down the faces of the weary and heavy laden as they become new creatures in the light and the freedom of salvation. You all have too and that's why you're here.

So this is my question, because I am stumped on this, actually stunned beyond belief. If God has not changed, and he hasn't, and his word and his promises all stand true, what is happening to Christians and to Christianity?

And the fruit of the spirt are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

So where is the hatred, the resentment, the strife, the accusations, the condemnation, the rudeness, the bullying, the fear, mostly the fear... where is that all coming from and how in Heaven's name has any of it become a part of the Christian message?

We live in a fallen. sinful world! And each saved souls lives by God's Holy Spirit & what He has shown to each His revelating truth as we ask, seek & search The Bible & Scriptues in our own time as God leads each who are truly seeking His truth by studying & praying, diligently, to know Who Jesus truly is & will by having a personal relationship with Him, the only way we get to know anyone is by living our lives for & with them daily, our spouses through legal marrige by God's Law & man's laws by the laws of The Gov & Constitutional Law! How do we interpret His Word of Spirit & truth! We need to beleve by faith in Who God truly is--He is a Spirit & He is truth! Will post more later for I am tired & hurting so bye for now, if anyone is interested in my salvation & my walk with God just let me know for by my posts since 2004 most CMD Folks should know where I stand in my Faith by now! Brothers & Sisters have come & gone & I truly do miss them, for many become family & then disappear! Some moved to other forums But because of Computer problems I lost contact with them! SO SO SAD !! God Bless ya all & may God in Jesus name keep you safe from Covid-19 & guard your soul from all evil in this sinful worlD! Amen! Ma

We live in a fallen. sinful world! And each saved souls lives by God's Holy Spirit & what He has shown to each His revelating truth as we ask, seek & search The Bible & Scriptues in our own time as God leads each who are truly seeking His truth by studying & praying, diligently, to know Who Jesus truly is & will by having a personal relationship with Him, the only way we get to know anyone is by living our lives for & with them daily, our spouses through legal marrige by God's Law & man's laws by the laws of The Gov & Constitutional Law! How do we interpret His Word of Spirit & truth! We need to beleve by faith in Who God truly is--He is a Spirit & He is truth! Will post more later for I am tired & hurting so bye for now, if anyone is interested in my salvation & my walk with God just let me know for by my posts since 2004 most CMD Folks should know where I stand in my Faith by now! Brothers & Sisters have come & gone & I truly do miss them, for many become family & then disappear! Some moved to other forums But because of Computer problems I lost contact with them! SO SO SAD !! God Bless ya all & may God in Jesus name keep you safe from Covid-19 & guard your soul from all evil in this sinful worlD! Amen! Ma
Amen, Ma. Tired and hurting, know the feeling.

Know this, Ma. I am not on a witch hunt. I do not question your salvation, I do not question your infilling with the Holy Spirit, I do not question the things he has revealed to you by his word and by his spirit. What I question is your interpretation of these things.

There are rules for this, not by me, not by a group gathered together, not by a local preacher, not by a denomination, not by a Pope in Rome, none of these, there are rules set down for this in the New Testament and are there for any one to read, and to anyone who seeks the wisdom to discern and begin to understand. And that's free too, to anyone who wants wisdom, all they got to do is ask for it. It's all right there in the book, written so anyone can read it, and even a child can understand.

I have no intentions of dividing. As many on this forum and others can bear witness, most every post I have ever made is about coming together in truth and understanding and friendship. Some people call me a liberal for that, but any which way I look at it, I always find it at the core of conservative.

Ma, this conversation has been going on in the Views Forum, a place where many, from many different walks of life, post opinions of what they see along their walk through life. For the most part, it is honest and sincere. When people are genuinely angry, they are genuinely angry. When people are genuinely filled with joy, they are genuinely filled with joy. When they genuinely hate, they genuinely hate. When people genuinely hurt, they genuinely hurt. When they genuinely love, they genuinely love. That's all of us, at any minute or hour of the day, any day of the week, month after month, year after year.

That we have the opportunity to share these things, instantaneous, right now, astonishing! My thoughts to your thoughts, yours to mine, down the road, across the country, around the world and just like that. That there is a modern day miracle. That we can meet, chat for a spell, miles away and right here and now. Today, right now where I am, I can tell you about it.... the sun is shining brightly through the last of the changing colours in the trees and the leaves. One by one bathed in golden glory, they are making their slow progression to the ground... and today, right now, you will know what I mean, so real you can see it when you close your eyes. Astonishing! Can you imagine what it would have been like to have had this as kids?

We all here agree on the same things, the same fundamental principles of faith that people have been fussing and fighting over for years. Throughout the centuries, that fight has been one bloody mess and one of the reasons your country, then mine, were founded in the first place. But that is not the case here, every one of us understand that we all agree here on the same fundamental things. This is not about fighting, it's talking and that's what we do. It's also about listening, and we do that too... sometimes, eventually. And it's about understanding, I mean knowing you, Ma, being blessed by your spirit and the blessing flowing back in return. A dear friend I met on this forum once said, like iron against iron, one man sharpens another. He didn't make that up, he read it somewhere. It's about that too.

Just don't believe the Views Forum is the place to have this discussion. To all, permission to come aboard?

Last edited:
Amen, Ma. Tired and hurting, know the feeling.

Know this, Ma. I am not on a witch hunt. I do not question your salvation, I do not question your infilling with the Holy Spirit, I do not question the things he has revealed to you by his word and by his spirit. What I question is your interpretation of these things.

There are rules for this, not by me, not by a group gathered together, not by a local preacher, not by a denomination, not by a Pope in Rome, none of these, there are rules set down for this in the New Testament and are there for any one to read, and to anyone who seeks the wisdom to discern and begin to understand. And that's free too, to anyone who wants wisdom, all they got to do is ask for it. It's all right there in the book, written so anyone can read it, and even a child can understand.

I have no intentions of dividing. As many on this forum and others can bear witness, most every post I have ever made is about coming together in truth and understanding and friendship. Some people call me a liberal for that, but any which way I look at it, I always find it at the core of conservative.

Ma, this conversation has been going on in the Views Forum, a place where many, from many different walks of life, post opinions of what they see along their walk through life. For the most part, it is honest and sincere. When people are genuinely angry, they are genuinely angry. When people are genuinely filled with joy, they are genuinely filled with joy. When they genuinely hate, they genuinely hate. When people genuinely hurt, they genuinely hurt. When they genuinely love, they genuinely love. That's all of us, at any minute or hour of the day, any day of the week, month after month, year after year.

That we have the opportunity to share these things, instantaneous, right now, astonishing! My thoughts to your thoughts, yours to mine, down the road, across the country, around the world and just like that. That there is a modern day miracle. That we can meet, chat for a spell, miles away and right here and now. Today, right now where I am, I can tell you about it.... the sun is shining brightly through the last of the changing colours in the trees and the leaves. One by one bathed in golden glory, they are making their slow progression to the ground... and today, right now, you will know what I mean, so real you can see it when you close your eyes. Astonishing! Can you imagine what it would have been like to have had this as kids?

We all here agree on the same things, the same fundamental principles of faith that people have been fussing and fighting over for years. Throughout the centuries, that fight has been one bloody mess and one of the reasons your country, then mine, were founded in the first place. But that is not the case here, every one of us understand that we all agree here on the same fundamental things. This is not about fighting, it's talking and that's what we do. It's also about listening, and we do that too... sometimes, eventually. And it's about understanding, I mean knowing you, Ma, being blessed by your spirit and the blessing flowing back in return. A dear friend I met on this forum once said, like iron against iron, one man sharpens another. He didn't make that up, he read it somewhere. It's about that too.

Just don't believe the Views Forum is the place to have this discussion. To all, permission to come aboard?
Your thoughts are my thoughts to a certain extent as long as they don't contradict who I know that I am in Christ Jesus & by being Baptised in God's Holy Spirit., Who interprets His truthful meanings to me whether you believe it or not!

Biden hasn't been offically elected no matter what the devil, The Sinful News Media & Democrats say--nothing has been certified by the states Legislatures because of all the FRAUDS found which is true are still being investigated as Trump & The Republican Party have sued and by court orders there are no winners until suits are finished by both Republican & Democat Lawyers having to review all ballots in states found with absolute FRAUD--not errors & irregularties as the Biased News Medias call it for the states in questions with suits filed against them are DEMOCRAT run states that Lie through their teeth & fool whoever they can even their own people!

Just put this in your pipe & smoke it, God is performing miracles & you & many will be disappointed & angry, but God is in this because of His Chidrens' prayers praying in the name of Jesus that God's wil & righteous ways will be done to reveal now & forever the Fraud & Lies of the DEMOCRAT Party, The News Medias, the DEEP STATE & anywhere satan & his wicked servants try to hide the truth that would declare this election to be LEGAL with every equestionable Ballot counted correctly so the voter casting their ballots gets their vote counted for a Fair Election--WM Barr is doing that just now--Investigations, with Whistle Blowers % signed affaffidavits are being gathered with warrants soon issued with arrests made!

Do you think God doesn't hear his obedient saints' cries for help & will not do something about our nation & President Trump, whom He favored & placed in office by legal voters in 2016,athough Obama & Hillary were positive that their fraud of ascewing the votes then would win & they have had four years to try & get God's & the true Christians Choice Donald J. Trump impeached by lies & everything they could throw at him which God nullified for nothing the evil Dems tried didn't get him thrown out of His presidential office and the WH--& they won't his time either for with God's help in Jesus' name, WE WIN & Trump is already officially reelected--Let God be TRUE & satan & his followers LIARS!! Amen--

Iam tired because I did a lot of time of typing posting on Finds MD Forum & the CMD Forum, yesterday--so the truth truly can be known, as my Savior & Lord leads me into all truth by the infilling of His Holy Spirit for Jesus is very much alive & sitting by His Heavenly Father's right hand & ruling Supreme, for Jesus is God with us! AMen!

Whether you are permitted to post on here is up to Mike Walker, our moderator, and my friends, & his & my Brothers & Sisters! Most don't like arguing & fighting among ourselves! I , with God's permission, have had my say, & what I said is true & so nothing else needed to be said! Repeating the truth & posting is why I am tired & hurting because I have Osteo-Arthritis & advanced Parkinson's Disease plus COPD, although I never smoked but my former husband did, & typing by the hunt & peck system is very tiring & stressful at 85, but I must obey God & accomplish my Spiritual calling I've been assigned--The same President has to do & WILL by God's Miracles & Wonders after all fraud is revealed with God's truth & righteousness shining brighter & brighter uncovering what DEMS & satan's darkness are trying to hide!

Praise God Jehovah for His Truth & Grace, for Jesus is love that conquers over ALL EVIL!! PRAY PRAYER WARRIORS WITHOUT CEASING & we will move these MTS of lies out of the way! Thank you ALL! Sister Ma Betty

Last edited:
Reactions: tvr
Paul instructed us in Galations that there is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Included in that, I suppose there are neither Catholics nor evangelicals, neither Democrats nor Republicans, neither Americans nor Canadians... none of that is what really matters. We know there will come a day when the sheep and the goats are separated, and there will be a great multitude that no one can count, dressed in white and from every nation, tribe, people and language,,, But it comes down to the condition of our hearts, whether our name is found written in the Book of Life.

This is not about righteous Republicans and satan serving Democrats, it has never been. We give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, to God what belongs to God. Political parties win and lose the popular support, candidates come and go with broken promises, scandals and corruption plenty on every side. But the Gospel of Jesus Christ entrusted to each of us who believe remains the same good tidings of great joy that the angels proclaimed at his birth and the only hope for a lost and sin-sick world.

We've seen it before, we've come to expect it in every election cycle, the hatred, the resentment, the strife, the accusations, the condemnation, the rudeness, the bullying, the fear... but I ask again, how on earth has any of that become a part of the Christian message?

Last edited:
Steve,
I don't frequent this forum much, maybe I should. I do not think we are a passive creature by nature. Joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness are gifts given to our sinful souls by God. Yet we are also given battles to fight. When I think of just battles I like to think of 1 Samuel 17, the story of David and Goliath. It is not a pretty story, but it is a story of deliverance by God's will against an oppressor. It shows that there are times when we must take action. I am also mindful that some who proclaim to be acting in God's name are not acting in the interests of their flock and are making huge personal profits by doing so. We all have sinned. We can be redeemed. I pray frequently for guidance towards God's ends.
tvr

Hello everyone,

I am a born again Christian washed by the precious blood of Jesus Christ. I do not judge anyone for we are not to judge. I have been troubled by this election because I felt that God was giving us a spiritual choice. I was convicted by the Holy Spirit to vote for Donald Trump. He is a fighter and all the policies he put in place have benefited this nation. God uses whom he will to confound those who do not fully understand and, that is why he chose Trump. When witnessing to lost sinners some will be saved through compassion and others will need to be fearful of their salvation. Therefore, it is imperative to witness in many different ways. Many Christians witness with compassion and others will deliver the fire and brimstone message to deliver the message.

(Hebrews 10:17-23)
17But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 18How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. 20But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, 21Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Hello everyone,

I am a born again Christian washed by the precious blood of Jesus Christ. I do not judge anyone for we are not to judge. I have been troubled by this election because I felt that God was giving us a spiritual choice. I was convicted by the Holy Spirit to vote for Donald Trump. He is a fighter and all the policies he put in place have benefited this nation. God uses whom he will to confound those who do not fully understand and, that is why he chose Trump. When witnessing to lost sinners some will be saved through compassion and others will need to be fearful of their salvation. Therefore, it is imperative to witness in many different ways. Many Christians witness with compassion and others will deliver the fire and brimstone message to deliver the message.

(Hebrews 10:17-23)
17But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 18How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. 20But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, 21Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Hey fathead.... Jude 10
How Billy Graham preached it...

Thanks Steve for the correction with Jude 10. I had some other verses I was going to add and left Hebrews at the top when I was editing. Billy Graham was a great servant for Christ. It is too late to edit my above post but Steve provided the correction. Sometimes my wife tells me that I am a bit arrogant or prideful and we all know what pride leads to. Thanks for making me realize that sometimes with arrogance our message is lost.

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this thread Steve! God Bless!

Thanks Steve for the correction with Jude 10. I had some other verses I was going to add and left Hebrews at the top when I was editing. Billy Graham was a great servant for Christ. It is too late to edit my above post but Steve provided the correction. Sometimes my wife tells me that I am a bit arrogant or prideful and we all know what pride leads to. Thanks for making me realize that sometimes with arrogance our message is lost.
Thank you, fathead, too late to edit my post, the story of our lives, ha!

Vice President Mike Pence has a policy never to be alone in a room with a woman who is not his wife and he still takes a lot of flack from people who did not understand. The first time I ever heard of that personal policy was many years ago with Billy Graham. At the time, my father adapted it and I've wondered if VP Pence learned it from Graham as well. For Billy Graham it was a matter of safeguarding his witness for Christ against any and all things that might serve to discredit it, to live a pure and blameless life, transparent for all to see.

Bless our wives, fatheadnc! They know all our faults and failings and love us just the same. Is that where you got the name? :D

Last edited:
Christians failed miserably
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
That scripture is stating "study to shew 'thyself'"
Christians fail by attending 'any denomination'.
The Word is replete:
Rom_16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
1Co_1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1Co_3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
1Co_11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
One attends a Denomination simply because it is a convenient commute. They are not of that Denomination by choice! Government 101 teaches that the region has a particular natural source for that area to make a living, and the Religion, and the Political Party that is in that region.
Pew Research Center confirms this.
A Person is of that Religious belief premised solely on geographical issues! Period!
God, the Father placed trials, and tribulations on Christians.
Because of Abram and Saria not willing to wait.
Gen_16:2 And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the LORD hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai.
Gen 18:11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.
Gen 18:12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?
This is Jesus Christ pre-incarnate
Gen 16:7 And the angel of the LORD found her by a fountain of water in the wilderness, by the fountain in the way to Shur.
Gen 16:8 And he said, Hagar, Sarai's maid, whence camest thou? and whither wilt thou go? And she said, I flee from the face of my mistress Sarai.
Gen 16:9 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands.
Gen 16:10 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude.
Gen 16:11 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.
Gen 16:12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.
Gen 16:13 And she called the name of the LORD that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me?
Gen 16:14 Wherefore the well was called Beerlahairoi; behold, it is between Kadesh and Bered.
Gen 16:15 And Hagar bare Abram a son: and Abram called his son's name, which Hagar bare, Ishmael.
Gen 16:16 And Abram was fourscore and six years old, when Hagar bare Ishmael to Abram.
Notice how loving, and tenderly the angel of the LORD spoke to Hagar, Sarai's maid. I don't believe anybody ever called her by her name prior to that!
Notice how the angel of the LORD is speaking in the 'first person'!
Gen 16:10 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, " will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude". Wow! That is Jesus Christ talking to her! God! Jesus pre-incarnate.
The angel of the LORD told Hagar "[a]nd shalt call his name Ishmael".
Ishmael is the father of Islam.
Gen 16:12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.
This is the trial and tribulations. God paints an overwhelming portrait Abram is the father of Islam, and Judeo Christian.
Christians were suppose to bring Islam and Christianity together thru Jesus. They done just exactly the opposite!
Christianity is the best, by the Grace of God, he sent his son to be the propitiation.
Rom_3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
1Jn_2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1Jn_4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Christians were suppose to show Islam there is only one God! The God of the Bible, and the God Allah are the same God! How many Gods' do you think there is?
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Last edited:
Christians failed miserably
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
That scripture is stating "study to shew 'thyself'"
Christians fail by attending 'any denomination'.
The Word is replete:
Rom_16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
1Co_1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1Co_3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
1Co_11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
One attends a Denomination simply because it is a convenient commute. They are not of that Denomination by choice! Government 101 teaches that the region has a particular natural source for that area to make a living, and the Religion, and the Political Party that is in that region.
Pew Research Center confirms this.
A Person is of that Religious belief premised solely on geographical issues! Period!
God, the Father placed trials, and tribulations on Christians.
Because of Abram and Saria not willing to wait.
Gen_16:2 And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the LORD hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai.
Gen 18:11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.
Gen 18:12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?
This is Jesus Christ pre-incarnate
Gen 16:7 And the angel of the LORD found her by a fountain of water in the wilderness, by the fountain in the way to Shur.
Gen 16:8 And he said, Hagar, Sarai's maid, whence camest thou? and whither wilt thou go? And she said, I flee from the face of my mistress Sarai.
Gen 16:9 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands.
Gen 16:10 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude.
Gen 16:11 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.
Gen 16:13 And she called the name of the LORD that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me?
Gen 16:14 Wherefore the well was called Beerlahairoi; behold, it is between Kadesh and Bered.
Gen 16:15 And Hagar bare Abram a son: and Abram called his son's name, which Hagar bare, Ishmael.
Gen 16:16 And Abram was fourscore and six years old, when Hagar bare Ishmael to Abram.
Notice how loving, and tenderly the angel of the LORD spoke to Hagar, Sarai's maid. I don't believe anybody ever called her by her name prior to that!
Notice how the angel of the LORD is speaking in the 'first person'!
Gen 16:10 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, " will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude". Wow! That is Jesus Christ talking to her! God! Jesus pre-incarnate.
The angel of the LORD told Hagar "[a]nd shalt call his name Ishmael".
Ishmael is the father of Islam.
This is the trial and tribulations. God paints an overwhelming portrait Abram is the father of Islam, and Judeo Christian.
Christians were suppose to bring Islam and Christianity together thru Jesus. They done just exactly the opposite!
Christianity is the best, by the Grace of God, he sent his son to be the propitiation.
Rom_3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
1Jn_2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1Jn_4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Christians were suppose to show Islam there is only one God! The God of the Bible, and the God Allah are the same God! How many Gods' do you think there is?
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
A lot of stuff there, Leatherneck.

Yes Christians failed miserably and we continue to fail miserably. As Mahatma Gandhi said about Christianity “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

But that's not surprising. tvr mentioned the story of David, the kid who fearlessly stands down the giant with a pure and child-like faith. Yet his story, like Abraham, like Moses, like Samson and on and on through the stories of the great men of the bible is also about their failings and more importantly God's ability to work his triumphant plan through those failings.

As an artist, I long to represent the beauty I see in the world around me. That's a tough go, cause the beauty I see around me is splendid beyond anything that brush and paint and canvas can contain. As Christians, we are the representatives of Christ and I suppose it's much the same thing.

The Bible is a Beautiful book 'to study'!
Christians are the ones responsible for slavery!
Many attempt to lay the guilt at some political party! When Abraham Lincoln ran for President, he was a leader in the Whig party. He ran on the new founded Republican ticket.
Tree Hugger Bible Thumper Self-Proclaimed Christians could study the Bible, and see the errors of their ways, and apologize for the nefariously coward ways that promoted slavery, and this Great Country could begin to heal. It will never heal until then. They twisted scripture to indicate Noah put a curse on Canaan, then, they realized God would never put a curse on a baby, then, they changed it to Ham. Noah was a human being he could not put a curse on anybody. Can you put a curse on anybody? Noah couldn't either!
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
When one reads scripture there is 'always' a message in there! Always!
Ham was a triplet! Noah did not have any younger sons! Canaan was his younger son! His Step-son, grand-son all rolled up into one!
Gen_5:32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
No woman has ever gave birth to (3) three sons in the same year.
The scripture says Ham told his two brethren without. As most males do, Ham, had to go and tell it! Telling about it was better than the sex!
Gen 9:23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.
An in-depth study on this states, that they 'wore' this on their shoulders as the 'old statement' 'hang that on your mantle'. They wanted nothing to do with the scoundrel having sex with his Mother, most likely it was his step-mother.
Gen 9:25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
Noah merely stated a fact! Canaan was a bastard.
Deu_23:2 A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.
Zec_9:6 And a bastard shall dwell in Ashdod, and I will cut off the pride of the Philistines.
Gen 9:22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.
Lev 18:8 The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.
The Tree Hugger Bible Thumper Self-Proclaimed Christians twisted this scripture and it resulted in horrific absurd results.
Thus, who know the truth are to spread this! It is imputed liability for a True Christian not to correct scripture.
Several Denominations have admitted to it.
When you study this look at this like you are seeing yourself in a mirror, "[a]nd is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" Do you see the harm of committing sin, sex outside of marriage?
1Co_13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Apostle Paul was the expositor to this epistle stating that when the Bible is complete we would see face to face, as looking thru a mirror.
1Co 13:12 ForG1063 nowG737 we seeG991 throughG1223 a glass,G2072 darkly;G1722 G135 butG1161 thenG5119 faceG4383 toG4314 face:G4383 nowG737 I knowG1097 inG1537 part;G3313 butG1161 thenG5119 shall I knowG1921 even asG2531 alsoG2532 I am known.G1921
G2072
ἔσοπτρον
esoptron
es'-op-tron
From G1519 and a presumed derivative of G3700; a mirror (for looking into): - glass. Compare G2734.
Tongue speaker, floor floppers, use that scripture to state they can speak in tongues till they see Jesus face to face. Absurd! Totally absurd!

God Bless you!

Last edited:
Again, lot of stuff there, Leatherneck.

A question, are you a reflection of your beliefs or are your beliefs a reflection of you? Maybe at first glance that seems like a pretty silly question, but it is sincere and there is an important distinction between the two.

Hopefully, members will read the Word of God, and allow the infallible Word to be a reflection of who they are by running a good race. Myself, and most here are not getting any younger; therefore, we all should
If any should ask another what their belief is
1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: 'and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear':
Therefore, in running a good race, we are all preparing for the final exam.
Although, your question alludes to an apology for asking the elusive ambiguity I feel taxed to respond.
Hopefully, I received a passing grade.

Last edited:
Thank you, fathead, too late to edit my post, the story of our lives, ha!

Vice President Mike Pence has a policy never to be alone in a room with a woman who is not his wife and he still takes a lot of flack from people who did not understand. The first time I ever heard of that personal policy was many years ago with Billy Graham. At the time, my father adapted it and I've wondered if VP Pence learned it from Graham as well. For Billy Graham it was a matter of safeguarding his witness for Christ against any and all things that might serve to discredit it, to live a pure and blameless life, transparent for all to see.

Bless our wives, fatheadnc! They know all our faults and failings and love us just the same. Is that where you got the name? :D
Actually, many years ago we had a huge chowchow and he had a really fat head and my daughters and I chose that name and it was a perfect fit. Of course when your head swells up your wife will let you know it. Thanks to the Good Lord for our wives for they will help us tow the line.

Again, lot of stuff there, Leatherneck.

A question, are you a reflection of your beliefs or are your beliefs a reflection of you? Maybe at first glance that seems like a pretty silly question, but it is sincere and there is an important distinction between the two.

Hopefully, members will read the Word of God, and allow the infallible Word to be a reflection of who they are by running a good race. Myself, and most here are not getting any younger; therefore, we all should
If any should ask another what their belief is
1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: 'and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear':
Therefore, in running a good race, we are all preparing for the final exam.
Although, your question alludes to an apology for asking the elusive ambiguity I feel taxed to respond.
Hopefully, I received a passing grade.
Again, hopefully, I received a passing grade?

Steve, Let me start by saying that I have nothing but admiration and respect for you. I feel like I have known you somewhat for many years. As a Christian, saved by the grace of God through the sacrifice of his son Jesus Christ. I am far from perfect. As a matter of fact, I was a miserable failure trying to run things on my own until I turned to God. There is NO place for hate in the Christian Church. Politics should be checked at the door and never preached from the pulpit. That doesn't mean that there are not issues supported by one side or the other that many consider deeply moral issues or sinful issues that a church has every right to preach against. Christians are instructed to love thy neighbor. If I see someone in need that I can help, I won't ask anything about their politics......I will ask what I can do to help. God is no respecter of persons and loves everyone of all races, and political parties. I try to reflect Christ in all my actions and words....but I am human and sometimes fail. I also reserve the right as a citizen to vote and support whatever political candidate I choose. As a Christian, I hope to do so respectfully