Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello Everybody! I am new to this site!

I am a fairly new at metal detecting. I started in Jan of 2013. I purchased a ATPro and a pro pointer. I have been to many parks over the months and so far I have exceeded my expectations!! So far this year I have racked up almost $920 in clad!! My goal is to hit $1000 by the end of the year. I was very lucky enough to find 3 platinum rings one of which has diamonds! So far I have found 19 silver rings too!! I wanted to share my story since this hobby is crazy fun!!!

Treasure Finder 44:clapping:

Welcome to the forum.. sounds like you are off to a GREAT start with the finds you made this past year.
Look forward to your future posts and photos of your finds..now get out there and find something!!!LOL
Good luck and happy hunting!!!

Man,, do you have a job. I know, your job is metal detecting.. You are doing darn good. I think you will make that $1,000.00... KEN

Thanks everybody for the nice words. Here are some pictures of my findings. The clad pictures were taken in March. I have now 3 containers of clad. Most of it are quarters. The rings were found in April both are plats. They were both found on the same hillside at a park. I have a honey hole that I found most of my clad. I go there every 2 or 3 months to taken in the clad. I do this hobby on the side. I work out of my house so I can be metal detecting and taking calls at the same time. LOLOL.

Treasure Finder 44

WTG! You need to send pics. To the Garrett people.I'm sure you would end up in they're mag.I only hunt on the weekends,and I kill clad all day long sun up to sundown and I'm not even close.Thats one heckuva a spot you got! Keep it up!:cheers:Happy Huntin to all!

Here is another pic of the plat/diamond ring. The Larger plat ring came up under 23 grams. The diamond/plat ring came in at $4300 when I got it appraised. The larger ring rang up a 76 (a penny hit) on my ATPro and the diamond came up as a 53. A nickel hit. LOL All 3 plat rings were found on the same hillside. They have a annual snow event every year on the hillside side so my thinking is that the rings came off after whip outs. LOL No names on the rings. They were around 4 inches down so they were there for a while. I am the only MD at that place so that is good. I had all 3 plat rings cleaned by a relative. When they came out of the ground they were pretty dirty. The gold band was found on the same hillside about 2 months ago. Came up under a solid 65.

Treasure Finder 44

Midwest-Th'er said:
WTG! You need to send pics. To the Garrett people.I'm sure you would end up in they're mag.I only hunt on the weekends,and I kill clad all day long sun up to sundown and I'm not even close.That's one heckuva a spot you got! Keep it up!:cheers:Happy Huntin to all!

I did send them the pictures of the rings but I only got a ATPro patch. Nothing was noted in their Fall mag issue. I was a little surprised but then again I am sure they get tons of pics all the time. That is OK though. I really have a great system down when it comes to finding treasure. I primarily look for quarters for the most part. I use little homemade flags to flag the area in question and then I have the pistol pointer to find the hit and then dig the smallest plug as possible and then use the pro pointer from Garrett. 30 sec or less it takes to find the target. The most I found at one time was $26 in 3 hours time and the next day was $22 in 3 hours from the same honey hole. I have found over $400 from the honey hole since Jan 2013.

Treasure Finder 44

Now THATS a stinky pile 'O clad! :surprised: Great work all around, beauty rings, great write up and pics! :clapping::please: Finish strong!:thumbup:
Mud

That's a lot of finds for such a short time - digging clad coins is a great way to learn your machine - congrats on finding the fantastic looking jewelry !

Thanks everybody for the nice words... It has been a amazing run this year. Just yesterday I went to a park that I have already been too early in the year and I was able to pick up a nice men's silver ring and $11.00!! So far my total is up to $927 and counting. I am heading back over there Monday to continue my hunt. I guess I have to say that not too many folks around here are hunters. I seem to be of very few that do it. It is really a fascinating hobby and it's the enjoyment of not knowing what I am finding. The ATPro is a killer machine and I recommend it if your serious about metal detecting!!!

I plan to take a pic of my clad at the end of the year before and after the cleaning.

Hey T F 44, that is an amazing run, I've been mding only 3-4 months and thought I was doing pretty good til I read your finds, Congrats. I swing an F2 and have found enough clad and jewelry to buy the AT PRO, should receive it Monday. By the way you did get a small article and pic of rings in the Garrett Search fall issue page 10 upper right corner. HH

56wagn said:
Hey T F 44, that is an amazing run, I've been mding only 3-4 months and thought I was doing pretty good til I read your finds, Congrats. I swing an F2 and have found enough clad and jewelry to buy the AT PRO, should receive it Monday. By the way you did get a small article and pic of rings in the Garrett Search fall issue page 10 upper right corner. HH
t
56wagn, your going to enjoy your AT PRO. I can't say how other detectors out there perform but I just know the AT PRO is the real deal. I take it for a spin at least 3 times a week. Heading out tomorrow to continue my hunt.

I DID see my pic of the rings!! How exciting that it was posted!! Thanks to Garrett! Real nice folks over there. I still have the diamond/plat ring but did sell the Plat band. My goal is to hit $1,000 in clad by the end of the year. Crazy number in metal detecting terms. haha

Sure drives home the point that you don't need a high dollar machine to find the high dollars targets!! Nice saves and welcome to the forum. Best wishes for your continued success. My first year with the F75 standard produces a little over $750 in clad and 16 silver rings.......didn't hit a gold ring until the next year. I didn't buy the detector expecting it to pay for itself, but, it did. However, I may be a while before my current detector breaks even!!

Stay safe and keep up the good finds!