Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello friends....I'm back already....Now lets talk about what I call "Search Mode"

Elmy

When I am in search mode, or in an area that is new to me that I know nothing about, I run the silver pattern, the one I posted on the etrac forum for beginners on finding silver....I feel like If I can hit an old silver coin , seated or barber, then the odds are in my favor of finding ih's, v nickels, or shields nickel and other older coins. Most say hit a wheat cent and there is probably silver...I kind of think the opposite way.
Here is what I do...
In audio..response...I use smooth sound....Now if swing across a wheat cent or silver coin , the response is so unmistakable and so very loud and long you can't miss it....
To investigate it I switch back to normal sound...that is important....smooth can be used to find the coin hot spot but normal is what is burnt into my brain as I call it for targeting the coin....Believe me , you won't pass over a coin in smooth without investigating it...it is that interesting of a sound that you won't miss.

This is for locating a coin hot spot or what I call "Search Mode." Try it , pass a coin across your coil in normal response and then try smooth response. What a difference !
The coins squeal for you to rescue them ! You will see what I mean if you try it.
I now promise to keep my mouth shut for a week on this etrac forum.
ELMY

Last edited:
Also found that when you are in a trashy area that long response will alert you of a good target with a higher tone you can't miss going with slow sweeps of the coil.

I appreciate all the info. I've been busy with non stop calls since july 4. Last night was a septic tank. I read the post just dont have much time to post. Having a hard enough time just keeping my lawn mowed.

lol...It really changes the way you hunt ....It cleans out an area fast and stops you cold on a coin signal !....Glad we could get out again !