Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello from a fellow Tesoro enthusiast

bigelow

Hi! I have been hunting for a few years and have a few Tesoro machines. I mostly hunt parks and have had great success. I recently joined the GPAA and am excited to get out and try some nuggetshooting this weekend. Well i just wanted to introduce myself. I am hoping to sharre my finds and learn some valuable tips from all of you veterans. I have a Lobo ST and a vaquero I want to try both at nuggetshooting, although I know the Vaq is not intended, how do you think it will do? Do you think the difference between 14khz Vaq and 17khz Lobo is significant in what i'll find? Has anyone had luck nuggetshooting with a Vaq?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bigelow

bigelow said:
Hi! I have been hunting for a few years and have a few Tesoro machines. I mostly hunt parks and have had great success. I recently joined the GPAA and am excited to get out and try some nuggetshooting this weekend. Well i just wanted to introduce myself. I am hoping to sharre my finds and learn some valuable tips from all of you veterans. I have a Lobo ST and a vaquero I want to try both at nuggetshooting, although I know the Vaq is not intended, how do you think it will do? Do you think the difference between 14khz Vaq and 17khz Lobo is significant in what i'll find? Has anyone had luck nuggetshooting with a Vaq?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bigelow

Bigelow,

In the high mineralization that most gold resides the Lobo ST will do better.

Having to ground balance every couple of feet can be a pain with the Vaquero.

Both can detect a gold nugget if there big enough.

Good Luck & Good Hunting !

HaRM

Thanks for the advice HaRM i planned on the Lobo for most hunting but wanted to try the Vaq also but you are probably right

I'm fairly new to this forum also and it seems to be a good gathering place to talk about Tesoro's and metal detecting in general. When I lived in Arizona I was a member of GPAA and use to nuggetshoot in areas north of Phoenix with a Diablo Umax and a LoboST. Like HaRM said your Vaquero will find a nugget if you watch your ground balance and the nugget(picker) has enough size to it. The LoboST has a lot more gain built into the electronics which helps it find the smallest of pieces is what I've been told. The two coils I used on the Diablo and LST were the 5"x10" wide-scan and the 3"x7"concentric with the wide-scan getting the most use. Best of luck to you out in the goldfields and HH!