Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello from southern NJ

Tahts-a-dats-ago

I'd like to thank those of you who post in this forum. I'd been in the hunt for a new detector and this forum was very helpful in reaching my decision to purchase a V3i. I appreciate all the help given and the explanations of how this machine works.

I had set out to buy a water machine for salt water and planned to keep the machines I already owned (Etrac, F4, G2). While doing research on machines appropriate for salt water detecting, I happened to find information on the V3i and was intrigued by the capabilities of the machine.

Long story shortened: I traded in the Etrac and G2 toward a CTX 3030 and the V3i.

I have had them for about 1 month now and like the V3i so much that I haven't yet used the new CTX. I am using the stock programs and probably will for the rest of the summer - they seem to be adequate for my needs/wants. I think the machine is fairly intuitive and not nearly as difficult to learn as some have suggested. I still have a lot to learn with the machine but can say that the balance is great (much superior to the Etrac) and the wireless headphones are fantastic. I have not dug anything really deep (about 6 inches is the deepest so far) but haven't been to a location that really tests the depth yet.

I am extremely pleased with my purchase and couldn't be happier with the dealer I purchased it from (chuck at Indian Nations). I am convinced that I made the right decision for my needs/wants and that I'll be even more pleased once I learn the machine completely.

I would not have this machine if it weren't for the helpful posts of those on this forum (and the White's forum). I really appreciate the time you (those who post here) have taken to help others learn more about this machine and its capabilities. I have learned a lot and feel confident that I will continue learning as time goes on.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Nice - Keep us posted

Glad you are enjoying the v3i.:clapping:

The V3i is a very capable machine..... That 6" depth has been noted by many people, using mixed mode pro and swinging slow has opened up the 10"+ range for myself. Just yesterday I found a pocket knife and a safety deposit box key at 9" and 12". This is using the 12x15 sef coil.

Welcome to the forum Mike. The V3i is indeed a very nice detector and the CTX 3030 compliments it very well.

The more the merrier, glad to have you a board. There are a lot of new guys and they are taking an active role.

Welcome from Bergen county
the only place with blue laws that I oppose.

Howdy Tats-a-dats-ago---

Welcome to this forum and congratulations on your purchase of the V3i. I look forward to seeing your finds and hearing of your success with your new detector. Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Welcome from Williamstown NJ. Let me know if you would like to get together. I hunt the beaches from Ocean City to Cape May.

Mike

Anyone in NJ have any programs they can share regarding settings and coils they have had any success with? the vx3 or v3i.. Once I get more success I will reciprocate.. I live in North J. but the area is so full of hot rock near me. Glen Rock. Hackensack has history of Rev war battles. There should be stuff along thr river and battle fields.
Thanks

Eric