Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HELP: DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THE PROBLEM PENNIES SHOWING 37,38. MAKING THEM APPEAR TO BE SILVER

Are you talking Zinc Pennies 1983 or newer or copper pennies 1982 or older? Wheat cents often come up 38 or even 39 at times and sound a lot like silver in conductive for me. Zincs come in lower for me, 35 or so. I also use high trash. It's just the way the Safari works, at least in my experience.

below what the cents read out at. If the numbers are high , dig it. The suspense of not knowing exactly what it is adds to the fun.

Yea I been getting pennies at 37,38.It fooled me a few times the other day.But like Bugg said It adds to the suspence.A coins a coin.Putting all my finds twords my new car!! Heck of a way to get a car.One way to get a car with dirty money.

The numbers will vary a little if you are hunting in ferrous vs. conductive. Most of the time that silver warble is a dead giveaway and on mine the cursor at the bottom helps. Although IH's and wheats sound awful good sometimes. Don't forget to check those holes either. HH :minelab:

I primarily hunt beaches at present and tend to go to spots where people are not there. I finds coins which have been in the sand for a long time. Whne they have been affected by the chemicals that naturally occur they leach the various minerals out into the surrounding sand and yield a halo affect. Depending on they angle at which they lay and the minerals around them they tend to read all over the place. Metal detecting is not yet a perfect science and the electrical effects can vary with quite a lot of factors. They will still tend to be within a given range however.

For the last year or so I noted than Pennies had been came as low as 48 & 49 and as high as 83 on my XLT & DFX. I am glad that other detector are doing it too.

you may have something there. It being the groung because it son't do it all the time. I have also noticed it being worse after a rain.