Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help ID from Hunt

Bishop2012

Hello!
Had a hunt today at an old house place with my CTX. Only thing left to ID it was some giant old oaks. About 6 inches down I found these two bullets. I am not sure if they are modern or not and was hoping you guys would know. It's a great spot but there are iron nails literally everywhere. It makes it so hard to find anything.

Wow nobody had any ideas? Are they just junk? The site was sold old and they were pretty deep so I thought they would be fairly old. Also, most modern bullets I have seen are flat on the bottom not concave like these.

Maybe posting them on a Civil War site....?

KinTN said:
Maybe posting them on a Civil War site....?

Maybe so... Wasn't sure they were that old. There is a relic store nearby but I didn't want to take them over if they were modern rounds.

It would be helpful to also post the diameter/caliber of the bullets. And don't clean them if they're deemed to be of collectable vintage.

I' not an expert but they do not seem to be Minie' Balls since they do not have the traditional rings at bottom so probably not CW. 36 cal. Is surely a pistol bullet.

Never hurts to ask an expert if you have one locally or even on the net. If they belittle you, its nothing on you- just shows what They are made of.