Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help identify this chunk

Michelle74

10 inches down wadded in a tiny glob of mud. Non magnetic. Early 1800s property

Attachments

• CB78BBA7-61C4-473F-A1EF-DC0A27E1E2A4.jpeg
    CB78BBA7-61C4-473F-A1EF-DC0A27E1E2A4.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 1253A57A-4952-43C8-8D84-459E9DA14ABF.jpeg
    1253A57A-4952-43C8-8D84-459E9DA14ABF.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 151
Absolutely no idea...... maybe molten metal from a forge??????

It appears to be aluminum or white metal in appearance... lead usually comes up white or hazy gray in appearance..does it feel light or kind of heavy? I hunt a site dates from 1970s back to mid 1700s and I often find molten pieces of metal and occasionally a burnt coin ...I think it’s where they burned there daily trash or perhaps they had a small building fire in the past...

My vote is melted aluminum or even silver. Lead should have a white chalky oxide.
HH Jeff

Wasnt going down that road but...... petrified moose turd!

I had a chunk of aluminum like that that was part of a pot that was left on electric stove that was still on. MOM sure was mad.

CARVER