Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help in IDing two finds from Culpeper Co. 2019

rme

Can someone I'd these finds from Culpeper 2019

Attachments

• ABCDEF - Copy.jpg
    ABCDEF - Copy.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 207
I'll take a stab at it although I am no expert.
Look at example 44 below.. looks very similar and dimensions are about spot on.
The base of your bullet appears to be deteriorated due to the brass case and powder while in the ground... I have found and seen Spencer rounds that looked like that also due to the brass case.
Can't help on the round ball, but it looks like it was loaded into a barrel... note what looks like a ramrod in impression on it.
Hope this helps you out some...
IMG_0447.JPG

Great work Detective Felix!

SOLVED, thanks guys
I am not 100% sure I am right about the ID on the bullet, but it sure looks like a match…a set of scales could also be used to see if it matches or is very close to the weight specified…
121 grains.

I am not 100% sure I am right about the ID on the bullet, but it sure looks like a match…a set of scales could also be used to see if it matches or is very close to the weight specified…
121 grains.
The wt is 146 grains

I think the bullet is a .54 cal shot Burnside

Attachments

• A1D7B1FD-F16A-4A68-89D1-012EF2E4CC4B.jpeg
    A1D7B1FD-F16A-4A68-89D1-012EF2E4CC4B.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 95