Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help installing Xchange2.

Rainydays

Just got my CTX a few days ago. When I try to install Xchange2 on my lap top Windows XP, when I get to 78% it will stop and give me a error message
"Shortcut installation failed. The installation will be cancelled."
Any ideals? I'm not very good with programs.

Thanks

Just went through all that myself. What you have to do is to disable your security, download xchange 2 from minelab.com, (not your disk), then after it is downloaded you enable your security again. I got very frustrated, called minelab, and those are the instructions that they gave me and it worked perfect. Good luck.

I had a similar problem when I was trying to download the program going through my cell phone.I was using my cell phone as a hotspot.my regular computer was down. Sorry I waited until late in the evening are very early in the morning when there was no traffic on the towers.steve

Didn't work or I'm not turning whatever " it / security system off". I turned off the fire wall and the Windows XP security off. I even un-install my other security system, McAfee and Norton, still didn't work. I tried installing from the dics and going to Minelab site for the DL. :rant: I would call minelab but I don't have time during the week cause of work. But I guess I just have to.

cahil_2 said:
Just went through all that myself. What you have to do is to disable your security, download xchange 2 from minelab.com, (not your disk), then after it is downloaded you enable your security again. I got very frustrated, called minelab, and those are the instructions that they gave me and it worked perfect. Good luck.