Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

help me break into the 1700's...

gunwolf

been doing this for a long time... oldest coin I ever found was 1814... I have detected literally 10 ft away from people that have found reales, and KG's... so why is it I have never run my coil over such a prize? I hunt old parks, old houses, ect... I do my research, but it has never been in the cards for me. what am I missing besides the darn coins!

I’d be happy to break into the 1880s....... oh yeah, west coast is younger!!! Lol

been doing this for a long time... oldest coin I ever found was 1814... I have detected literally 10 ft away from people that have found reales, and KG's... so why is it I have never run my coil over such a prize? I hunt old parks, old houses, ect... I do my research, but it has never been in the cards for me. what am I missing besides the darn coins!
Go back to these spots where reales and KG’s were found and spend more quality time...they didn’t find it all.

If your name was lone wolf instead of gun wolf that KGand reale would already be yours..lol.. my fortunes changed one day when I ran into an arrowhead hunter one day while hunting.. he had spent decades hunting for arrowheads in the farm fields and told me everywhere where he had seen bits of broken pottery and glass .. all the sudden everywhere I went I was scoring large cents..I then decided to buy a Sovereign GT for more power and it was killer at hitting deep large cents..
like ELP said go back and hit those places others have found those old coins and hopefully you will come up with one yourself..
live had 2 fields I’ve hunted and didn’t find anything newer than 1830.. if your area has any French and Indian war history find out where people were living at that time in history..see if you can find any people in your area that had served in ; The Revolutionary or War of 1812.. if so try to find out where they lived..most of the oldest places I’ve hunted have been near some source of water..especially if you can find an old natural spring chances are there was lots of activity there as nothing can live without it..I see you have an E-Trac so should just be a matter of time .. good luck..

Go back to these spots where reales and KG’s were found and spend more quality time...they didn’t find it all.
If your name was lone wolf instead of gun wolf that KGand reale would already be yours..lol.. my fortunes changed one day when I ran into an arrowhead hunter one day while hunting.. he had spent decades hunting for arrowheads in the farm fields and told me everywhere where he had seen bits of broken pottery and glass .. all the sudden everywhere I went I was scoring large cents..I then decided to buy a Sovereign GT for more power and it was killer at hitting deep large cents..
like ELP said go back and hit those places others have found those old coins and hopefully you will come up with one yourself..
live had 2 fields I’ve hunted and didn’t find anything newer than 1830.. if your area has any French and Indian war history find out where people were living at that time in history..see if you can find any people in your area that had served in ; The Revolutionary or War of 1812.. if so try to find out where they lived..most of the oldest places I’ve hunted have been near some source of water..especially if you can find an old natural spring chances are there was lots of activity there as nothing can live without it..I see you have an E-Trac so should just be a matter of time .. good luck..
Unfortunately those places were in western NY... yes a place that dates way back in Niagara county... but I have sworn off of ever visiting NY again... I have family there I will never see again... so going back will never happen... but I am in the 8th state... there has to be some 1700's here....

It will happen if you keep at it. May have to dig more. You just never know.
I think the journey, if you will, towards bucket list items is most of the excitement. The dreams, the wonder, the hope. Then if you are lucky enough to find one the exuberance is off the hook.... for a little while. Then it’s like ehhhh..... on to something else. It just seems to me that nothing is ever as cool as you think it is or will be. And blah blah....
1814 is awesome! I don’t think you are missing anything. Keep at it! Good things happen to good people. I think.