Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help!!! Mid-life crises.

Musketeer

I'm an old man with a new hobby.... I done lost my ever loving mind.

I always wondered what my mid-life crises would be. I see old f*****ts who should know better, driving around in new Corvettes and BMWs, with their fake hair plasterd tightly to their head bones and a Sexy Senior Citizen bumper sticker. Or the old guys on big Harleys wearing one and a half complete set of leathers. These folks all got what I call the "Old guy on a Harley motorcycle scowl". The look like Billy Bob Bad Boy. Come on guys smile, you can't get bug stains on your false teeth until you SMILE. Besides riding a Harley is FUN. I know, I sold my last one in 1974. Fun of course is relative.

I still drive diesel pick ups. Have since 1987.....The only difference is I'm an old man in a big pick up. If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the side walk.

Last month was a GTI 2500. The new Infinium should be arriving today......Where is the best place to post my Sexy Senior Citizen bumper sticker on a Infinium?

I done got other coils for both. I'm gathering the other stuff like diggers, holders, scoopers......whatever. Checking out what works for me and what don't.

I need a stringy haired blonde to ride on the back of my Infinium.......One of the kids was trying to sign me up on e-Harmony. I said I don't need one that needs ironing. She said it's okay, I'm asking for two twenty year olds for you!!!!!!!!

I been sitting here watching for the big brown truck since 5:30 am.

MID LIFE CRISES ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Musketeer

Hey Musketeer,

I hear ya Bro. LOL! A week ago, I was up bright and earlly waiting for my new Ace 250. Our UPS truck usually delivers in the a.m. Not this time.
Twas after dark don't ya know when they finally pulled into the yard. I was fit to be tied! The only bright spot was next day when I got out and
started to play with it in my yard. Tons of trash signals due to a couple of houses that burned over the years. Property has been occupied since
at least 1853. But my first two signals dug were silver rosies and then some wheats. Next day I found a gold class ring not 10 feet from the silver.
This Olde Phart is having a ball without even leaving home. LOL!

Be careful with those two twenty year olds. No such thing as "two for the price of one." Your better off with an old chick that knows what Geritol
is for and where you left the linament after a days "swinging" the detector. Good luck. Jim

:rofl: I thought i was just ADDICTED to :detecting:

NOW i know that im also going thru a CRISIS!!!!!!:veryangry:

Welcome to the hobby...... Have fun stay safe ( relativlely)
and enjoy

Good luck Happy Hunts

Ron
Rangers Lead The Way

Yeah sonny, back in them days money was real money.

Lessee now, a Barber dime (all dimes were silver) would buy a funny book. (comic book)

Ticket to the picture show (movies) . A giant box of popcorn... (humungous) Coke was a nickel, (you asked for a coke and the response was what kind of coke? We got Grapette, Cream Soda, Pepsi Cola, RC Cola and Dr Pepper and Coca Cola. I'll have the Grapette coke, please.)

A genuine balsa wood punch out glider. 10 pieces of Dubble Bubble gum.

A hamburger, some places. Most places charged 25 cents.

A kite with balsa wood frame and tissue paper. We had string. Everybody had string.

A gallon of coal oil. (kerosene)

A loaf of bread.

But it's okay. I like now just fine. I had a lot of the old days. I wouldn't go back if I could. I think the food was better, though.

A good job paid $45 a week.

The Infinium didn't come. Shoot.

I once saw a movie where Roy Rogers was the bad guy. Only he wasn't Roy Rogers yet. John Wayne was the good guy, only he wasn't John Wayne yet, either.

Musketeer

I can't think of a better way to deal with mid life crisis then to have a couple of high end Garretts in the back of my pick up truck, cruising beaches and other potential sites. A great plan you have to carry you into old age. :lol:

Just think.
Had you bought the GTI 2500 12 months back; it would have come with a reall sexy voice on it to tell you what you've just detected.:inlove::lol:
Mick Evans.

Yeah I remember when a dime was a small fortune. Would buy two beers at the local pub ( each with a free sandwich ), buy an ice cream cone with four scoops. buy a burger or coney island, buy two candy bars, two sodas of any kind, two packs of Hostess cup cakes, quart of milk, dozen eggs, two loaves of bread, pound of hamburger, add a four pennies and it would buy a gallon of gas. average people worked for a dollar a day. My mom worked at a hotel 12 hours a day, seven days a week, for seven dollars - which paid our rent for a month. That's why okd silver isn't just laying around everywhere.

Bill