Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

help needed on tones and set up

CanadaDig

Hi Everyone, I am from the U.S. but live in Ontario Canada (near Toronto), I have about 200 hours exp with my Etrac and learn something every day. I mainly hunt Old Parks 1850 to 1960 parks around the area for Coins. I have found silver coins but I dig everything in the silver range but 99 out of a 100 are pennies. I know from past ear examination that my hearing is not very good (probably shooting too many guns from my younger years, Hahaha.) My soil here in parks usually registers 12 sensitivity so it must have a lot of iron content.

Pennies made in Canada seem to give a 12-44 and 12-45 if they are in the 70's and some are 12-37 to 12-40 area. I have practiced with variable tones but these pennies seem to have the same pitch as Silver. I have found 3 silver nickles here in canada-(very small) sound off in 12-38 on the last one. Thought it was a penny. I know you suppose to dig everything but I cant seem to figure things out. I can tell some tones on U.S coins but I dont know if its my hearing or the coins.

My question is two fold and it may be the make up of our coins.

1. If you have some tone deafness---what would one suggest to make the tone sound different---variablity settings, does threshold tone change the tones...in other words does variablity run on its on or does other settings work for and against variablity if you have them set up wrong.
a. what does volume limit, volume gain and limit, threshold pitch do....I dont seem to know that the difference is when I change them up or down a couple of points. Dont know if its my ears or what I should be trying to listening too.
b. Does Threshold Pitch , gain and limit effect variabiltiy and how.

2. I have the emulator with canadian coins but many of them are not there and yes I know the modern coins are metal crap and almost change every year but does anyone have a Canadian coin program or list of how each coin reacts since they do not seem consistent from one year to the next.

anyone that can help me get to the next level, I would be greatful.

First set your variability to max 30. Set your tones to long. Set your gain to max 30. Turn deep off . With a silver coin on the ground try playing with your threshold pitch setting and keep adjusting it till you hear the high pitch you desire. If you don't have a sliver coin or silver piece of jewelry you can still make your threshold pitch setting with a penny but remember when you strike silver it will be a much higher pitched scream. Play with your volumne limit too and get it like you want it. This info should get you close to your desires.

squirrel1 said:
First set your variability to max 30. Set your tones to long. Set your gain to max 30. Turn deep off . With a silver coin on the ground try playing with your threshold pitch setting and keep adjusting it till you hear the high pitch you desire. If you don't have a sliver coin or silver piece of jewelry you can still make your threshold pitch setting with a penny but remember when you strike silver it will be a much higher pitched scream. Play with your volumne limit too and get it like you want it. This info should get you close to your desires.
Excellent advice! Couldnt have said it better

Thanks a million....I will test it on a 70's canada penny and a 50 silver dime.....hopefully I can get it to change because they both sound the same high pitch. Quarters make a different sound. Thanks a bunch.