Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help Please...Overlay with Red X

RBnGA

Great Forum!
I have 3 overlays that I used to be able to view on previous versions of Google Earth. I updated to the most current version tonight and now the overlays show up as a red outlined rectangle with a large red X in the center. Any suggestions on how to restore the overlays?
Thanks,
Ricky

Ricky,
I had this happen to me.
Upon inspection,finding the map in your places section in google earth,
Right click it ,then click properties.
At the top of the Screen that pops up,it will show a directory path to where your
pic is of your map,such as( C:/documents/maps/my overlay.jpg)
it will probably be different than where your pic is.
This can happen if you move a pic after you have used it for an overlay.
anyway,if you click browse on the screen again,find your pic,make sure its the same one,
click open and it should restore it,and it should be already in place just as you left it.
Let me know if you have any problems,
You can correct the directory also,by going to the overlay in places in google earth,right click it,go to properties.
This brings up the screen.The directory is at the top.
Lets say,it says the pic is in c:/documents/my pictures,but when you go find it,it is in
c:/documents/my pictures/overlays.just add the /overlays in the directory at the top.
LabradorBob

Got it! I went back to the original files, opened them and the files opened on GE in temporary places without the red X. :clap: I then removed the old files in my places and saved the ones from the temporary places. Now all is GOOD!

This is a great forum. I will visit here often not so much posting but I lurk, read and learn a lot.

Thanks for the help LabradorBob. You 'da man! :super:

Happy New Year,

Ricky

Once I get what I want, I print a copy of it. If my hard drive crashes, and that's happened once already, I have not lost it and don't have to try to duplicate it. Got a nice 3 ring binder with my potential 'hot spots' to try when the weather moderates. Jim