Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help with ID

Aarong81

I found this at an old school lot that the school has been torn down for several years now. Its made of brass and the only thing I can think it might be is an ink refill for a pen but it seems it would be too old for that type of pen. It almost resembles a lipstick case but its way too small for that. One end has what looks to be bakelite shaped like a hex nut and hollow. The other end looks kind of like a lipstick tube but very small. There is a collar next to the hex shaped end that freely spins.
Any ideas?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt710uXFJZ8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Aaron

It is a pretty good bet that what you have is part of a propelling or mechanical pencil. I cannot find a photo of the exact one you have but if you Google - Images " vintage propelling pencil" you will get the idea

Pete

Thanks, Birdseed! There are some really fancy silver or gold ones out there, too bad this one is just brass. I found one that is brass and has a cover that slips over the whole thing, its possible what I have is something like this....
http://image0-rubylane.s3.amazonaws.com/shops/mendocinovintage/Egyptianx20Revivalx20Pencilx20Fob.6L.jpg