Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help with identifying these finds

Old coin hunter

The first item pictured is 3 inches long and 3/16th inch in diameter and also has some scroll work on it. Whistle? Second item is just slightly larger than a nickle. Third item is 3/4 inch wide and 1/8th inch thick. Thanks Jim.

Attachments

• IMG_20210826_123558101~2.jpg
    IMG_20210826_123558101~2.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_20210826_110015578~2.jpg
    IMG_20210826_110015578~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20210826_110133330~2.jpg
    IMG_20210826_110133330~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 189
Hey Jim, hunter of old coins.

First looks like a silent dog whistle... blow through it and see what comes.

Second is a symbol of the Eastern Star

Eastern Star​

The Order of the Eastern Star (OES) is a female companion organization to Freemasonry.
In the example below each symbol within the star is an emblem for the Biblical heroines Adah, Ruth, Esther, Martha and Electa, whose stories inspire character building lessons.

Eastern star with symbols of Biblical figures Adah, Ruth, Esther, Martha and Electa.

Photo: from the headstone of Hannah Meyer (1874-1930), Emanuel at Fairmount Cemetery, Denver, Colorado

3rd a Paul Warranty name tag. Paul Warranty was a great and widely admired Canadian politician in his day... Actually there is no such thing as a great and widely admired Canadian politician, ever and no clue as to your hand punched name tag. :p

First looks like a silent dog whistle... blow through it and see what comes.

Eastern Star​

The Order of the Eastern Star (OES) is a female companion organization to Freemasonry.
In the example below each symbol within the star is an emblem for the Biblical heroines Adah, Ruth, Esther, Martha and Electa, whose stories inspire character building lessons.

Eastern star with symbols of Biblical figures Adah, Ruth, Esther, Martha and Electa.

Photo: from the headstone of Hannah Meyer (1874-1930), Emanuel at Fairmount Cemetery, Denver, Colorado

3rd a Paul Warranty name tag. Paul Warranty was a great and widely admired Canadian politician in his day... Actually there is no such thing as a great and widely admired Canadian politician, ever and no clue as to your hand punched name tag. :p
Don't think it's a dog whistle as they usually have an adjustment piece on the other end though it could be missing. Has nice scroll work on it too. Thanks, Jim

I have not had time to look, but I remember seeing something similar to the first photo item. It may be related to knitting/crochet/hand sewing work. Kind of a special purpose tool.

JCR I think you’re correct. My grandmother was a crocheting fool (meant nicely) and she had a small piece very similar to that in her “toolbox”. She also hand tied quilts so it could have been for either.

Eastern Star​

I agree. It must be some pendant or pin of that order.
It is not the same pendant, but the symbology is very similar

https://www.collectors.com/historic...star-25-years-member-servi/702935038360224335

JCR I think you’re correct. My grandmother was a crocheting fool (meant nicely) and she had a small piece very similar to that in her “toolbox”. She also hand tied quilts so it could have been for either.
I think you are correct. i think it may have been used to cut stitch or something similar. if you look closely, you see what appears to be a blade like piece in the notched area of it. Not real sure though.

F5