Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help with my attempt at a Deep program?

gregD

hey guys and gals... I've been trying to work on a deeper seeking program for areas of lower trash. As i'm sweeping I'll get an occasional high tone that doesn't repeat or anything....just a spurious high beep .... they are fairly frequent, loud, and exceptionally annoying since i get my hopes up every.single.time :)

My soil is midwest black dirt...i'm surrounded by corn and soybeans. there is occasional iron debris but i only really use this in areas that are a bit less contaminated like closer to my buildings

my program is as hollows.
12Khz
reactivity 0 or 1, silencer -1
sensitivity 90, TX 2
Disc 0 or 1, full tones
iron vol is usually at 2-3 even though zero disc doesn't do anything.
Audio Resp 3
no notch
GB-Tracking

In my head this program should work pretty deep but the erratic performance makes it pretty hard to use.

I suspect its either the GB, the Iron Vol, or the TX power for my soil?

I know i need to slow down my swing speed with reactivity at 0-1 relative to the 3-4 i use in my copy of the Gary's "Hot" program (with sens 86 and TX1). I've had really good results with the Hot programs so now I'm trying to find older deeper stuff

anything you can contribute is appreciated. I'm sure it's something in my understanding of the program and how it reacts with the real world that's the problem

Thanks all!

Did you Notch Ground a click or two? Go to GB>Expert>Notch Ground this should help with the erratic high tones. Also, Tracking GB can be a little unstable - IMO use the "pumping" method at several different places, get an average of those readings and then set Manual GB to this average.

i haven't used the GB notch feature at all...thought that was more for hot rocks and such? this is a random singal that happens once and doesnt repeat.

I'll try the GB method and run it in manual and see if that helps.

I'm open to any other ideas too... Thanks CZ.

Like the person said,,some ground notch may help.

Also worth noting,,,,if Deus is swept too fast,,,and comes over iron,,,first it may report higher tone,,,but with more controlled sweep,,,iron will sound more blunt(if running full tones),, or if running more conventional disc like 6-7,,,after initial pass,,,with more controlled sweep speed and coil position,,,iron will be disc out sound wise.

you want a quite deep program heres the one I run and it will tag a 12 inch silver quarter coin and its quite.

Reactivity 2,silencer 0, sens 90-93 depends on noise,tx2 have run 3 but 2 is quiter and plenty deep.full tones ,audio res 5, 12 kh but run 7 sometimes,

disc 1 this knocks the ground noise out and uses iron as the baseline,notch 00-00.

Ive played around with the settings until I came up with this program its stable and deep. Seems like when you lower the reactivity to 1 or 0 you get more noise and the silencer on 0 helps too. This is a deep program and will hit 12 inch coins in my test garden. You will get a pop here and there in the headphones but its a very good deep program imo. My ground balance number here is 86=87 most places I manual lower mine to 88 its deep at that setting and quite. If I pump it or manual to the actual gb number seems like the machine chirps and chatters more to me. In my testing the machine will hit a 12 inch coin better with a neg gb or balanced to the actual gb number BUT it makes it more chattery, so I just lower mine maually to 88 and let it fly I mean if it will hit a 12 inch coin its plenty deep enough for me. btw I was told the ground notch feature did not affect performance , I found that when its used it does affect performance I tested it on the 12 inch coins and it made the signals weaker when I turned that feature on and ran ground notch down to 84 or something like that. those are just my findings.

What about iron volume? Thanks for sharing
calabash digger said:
you want a quite deep program heres the one I run and it will tag a 12 inch silver quarter coin and its quite.

Reactivity 2,silencer 0, sens 90-93 depends on noise,tx2 have run 3 but 2 is quiter and plenty deep.full tones ,audio res 5, 12 kh but run 7 sometimes,

disc 1 this knocks the ground noise out and uses iron as the baseline,notch 00-00.

Ive played around with the settings until I came up with this program its stable and deep. Seems like when you lower the reactivity to 1 or 0 you get more noise and the silencer on 0 helps too. This is a deep program and will hit 12 inch coins in my test garden. You will get a pop here and there in the headphones but its a very good deep program imo. My ground balance number here is 86=87 most places I manual lower mine to 88 its deep at that setting and quite. If I pump it or manual to the actual gb number seems like the machine chirps and chatters more to me. In my testing the machine will hit a 12 inch coin better with a neg gb or balanced to the actual gb number BUT it makes it more chattery, so I just lower mine maually to 88 and let it fly I mean if it will hit a 12 inch coin its plenty deep enough for me. btw I was told the ground notch feature did not affect performance , I found that when its used it does affect performance I tested it on the 12 inch coins and it made the signals weaker when I turned that feature on and ran ground notch down to 84 or something like that. those are just my findings.

doesnt come into play with full tones I just set it on 0.

I've used the Vance Deep program and that thing runs hot. Using it with their headphones the iron gives this almost electrical sizzle sound is how I would describe it. Might have to bump the sensitivity down or it might drive you nuts. I could deal with it for a while but it runs right on the edge of being unstable here without dialing it down a bit. Maybe that's what you are seeing as well with yours.

the program I posted calms it down some, I have ran it super hot before and got tired of digging bbs and the unstableness of the thing. I can handle noise ,but when im away from the iron I want a stable quiter program but thats a personal preference.