Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help with pin ID

rluka

[attachment 223342 AsianPin.gif] Found this awhile back and was wondering if anyone knew what it said.
Thanks for looking
Ron L

n/t

Thanks for your response...I was hoping there was someone on the forum that would recognize the language. I would like to know what it says on the pin.
Have a great day
Ron L

This says "Hong Kong Lingnan Secondary School's 30th anniversary". Where did you find it?
Cool find, HH.

Aarong81 said:
This says "Hong Kong Lingnan Secondary School's 30th anniversary". Where did you find it?
Cool find, HH.

Thanks....I found it in a small park in Victoria, BC. Its a long way from home!!!
One wonders what value it may have if any!!
Ron L (rluka)

Notice that their school symbol has remained the same. Maybe you could sell it to someone that knew who was in the class of 1952, or perhaps someone that was in that class may still be alive. They would be in their 70's I think. This seems to be the main page for the school at least with the most 'likes', although its not used much. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lingnan-Secondary-School/108333305858583
If you search 'Lingnan Secondary School' on facebook you will find quite a few people that went to the school.
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/312120_10150444495355786_727280785_11200292_2062657421_n.jpg

Thanks for all that info....
What a great hobby........
You never know what you will find!!!!
Ron L

Some more interesting info,
It's old style Kanji.
In contemporary Japanese Kanji,
that's "念紀年周十三 学中南嶺港香".
It's read from right to left.

The following read from left to right in modern style Japanese.
香港 Hong Kong
嶺南 Lingnan
中学 junior high school
三十 30
周年 anniversary
紀念 commemoration

Japanese can read this, but I think it's probably Chinese.