Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Helped find a Relocated ring today!

2000nkb

I went to a couple vacant lots today (yes I had permission) and did a little detecting. A guy stops his truck and yells "is that a metal detector?" I responded "Yes". He proceeded to tell me his wife threw all his stuff out one of the windows of his house including a couple rings (after 33 years of marriage). He said one was gold with diamonds and the other was gold with an onyx. Well I told him I'd help him out. I went to his house and detected the small patch of yard that was around the window. I was able to find the gold ring with onyx, but not the other. I was thinking to myself " I wish I had a camera to record the return to owner", but truthfully I don't believe this guy would understand why I wanted the picture and he was so irritated at his wife I don't think I would have asked him at this time. Not to mention he was still missing the ring that was the most value. He said he was going to mow the yard and give me a call to try and find the other ring. I'll be sure to bring a camera with me the next time, because If I find the other ring, I don't think he'd mind a little picture in return. Other than that I found 1 indian (1897). It was tough hunting, seems like everyone wanted to stop and chit-chat:poke: today. Ran into a former classmate who stopped and asked questions about detecting (talked for about an hour). He said he had an xlt and was having problems understanding it. I told him I have an xlt also and that it is a very difficult machine to fine tune. I directed him to Findmall for more answers. Anyway, It wasn't a very productive day hunting, but I helped others, so that's a successful day of detecting in my book.:)

Just a pic of the rings would be ok for the return to owner along with a short write up. Good luck.

:thumbup: Nathan

Good stuff man!! I would have called that a successful day for sure!!

Neil