Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Helping to pass the hobby along

Ronstar

Have a dear friend who has a teeny tiny old beep and dig detector that belonged to family years ago. She has played around some with it on the house lot and made a few finds. Interest was there but just not the drive at the time. Finally, after watching a few YouTube videos and seeing what really could be out there she decided to make the plunge and upgrade her detector. Looks like with her budget most likely a Garrett 3xx in a package. Her hubby thinks it’s stupid and a waist of money but she is hoping by mid summer to have her own.
I told her I would mentor and teach her the basics and she got excited.
I pulled out the old trusty Fisher F5, dusted it off, and told her she could borrow this for now until she gets hers. Instant excitement and happy I was letting her borrow. So a couple days ago I packed up the F5, my gear, a 1/4” jack with Y connector, and two headphones. Weather was still nice and in the lower 60s and she is only 20 miles up the road.
I let her listen and watch as we found a bent quarter, a dime, a couple zincs, and tiny bit of trash. Her turn….. hit a good quarter, a couple dimes, and a couple pennies. New person now hooked and happy!
After two hours we went and had lunch and discussed the sport more, she knows she will dig more junk. But none the less, we are friends and now share an interest together. I think the F5 will be close to the Garrett in vdi so smaller learning curve on the switch over.

By the way, not sure Ive ever seen that F5 look so good in a picture……and she is smiling to boot! Ive encouraged her to join us so for the time being no name until she picks her user name.

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    455.4 KB · Views: 129
Ease up guys……. She reads this she might show up in coveralls and curlers. 😂😂
A lot of fun to be around and hopefully giving us all a run for money……

I don’t see this so called detector???
Mark

Of course the weather goes backward, I think the metal detecting angels are trying to keep me away from her. Maybe able to get back out by the weekend…..

Thought I would pass this along on this post as its her first find with my old Fisher F5. She has a little knowledge with horses but she got super excited finding this big old draft horseshoe. It was on an old mill site near where she lives. All the old buildings etc are gone but I think most hunters leave the big signals alone. One mans junk is a woman's treasure!!!
(She does not have small hands so pretty sure this fits Percheron size draft horses)

Attachments

• image000001.jpeg
    image000001.jpeg
    451 KB · Views: 21
Have a dear friend who has a teeny tiny old beep and dig detector that belonged to family years ago. She has played around some with it on the house lot and made a few finds. Interest was there but just not the drive at the time. Finally, after watching a few YouTube videos and seeing what really could be out there she decided to make the plunge and upgrade her detector. Looks like with her budget most likely a Garrett 3xx in a package. Her hubby thinks it’s stupid and a waist of money but she is hoping by mid summer to have her own.
I told her I would mentor and teach her the basics and she got excited.
I pulled out the old trusty Fisher F5, dusted it off, and told her she could borrow this for now until she gets hers. Instant excitement and happy I was letting her borrow. So a couple days ago I packed up the F5, my gear, a 1/4” jack with Y connector, and two headphones. Weather was still nice and in the lower 60s and she is only 20 miles up the road.
I let her listen and watch as we found a bent quarter, a dime, a couple zincs, and tiny bit of trash. Her turn….. hit a good quarter, a couple dimes, and a couple pennies. New person now hooked and happy!
After two hours we went and had lunch and discussed the sport more, she knows she will dig more junk. But none the less, we are friends and now share an interest together. I think the F5 will be close to the Garrett in vdi so smaller learning curve on the switch over.

By the way, not sure Ive ever seen that F5 look so good in a picture……and she is smiling to boot! Ive encouraged her to join us so for the time being no name until she picks her user name.
Best of luck to her maybe she might have connections to new spots to hunt!