Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here is the hidden treasure I was telling you about in CT Fred.

George-CT

This is the one I mentioned below. The home they speak of is now my friend bob Castillio's home. He just redid it all and allows me to hunt the property with detector and look for this treasure.... I've spent some enjoyable time looking for it, but nothing. He speaks of when they first moved in there of finding old coins in the garden by the house. He is a fife and drum person , he and his wife and like the old homes and restore it to the way it was way back when. I helped him strip a lot of it out when they rebuilt what was the carriage section of the house. I'll look on here, I have pictures of it somewhere of wood cut in the sawmill that is mentioned in the treasure map. The house is made with wooden pegs etc. Anyhow here is a short version of the treasure....

George-CT

The dream of pirate gold still lives along the Connecticut shore. Folklore researchers feel there is more reason to believe the old tales of buried treasure in Eastern Connecticut than in the rest of New England. The coves and islands along the Connecticut shoreline are logical locations for possible troves of treasure hidden there by pirates of long ago.

However, we leave the potentiality of booty at the shoreline

and decided not to share as agreed with Cady. Did you ever find the hole dug by Reynolds? I believe that a certain percentage of the treasure stories that we hear about are true, but the treasure has been found by someone with tight lips, thus no one knows it has been found. As a result, people still look for it, talk about it, and dream of becoming rich, not knowing that it has already been found.

Here in San Antonio, many folks search for Jim Bowie's lost silver mine located up in the Hill Country. My personal opinion is that there never was a silver mine, but was possibly a ledge of silver in the red colored canyons in the area. Or, he stole the silver from the Mexican pack trains as they came through the area and used having a hidden silver mine to cover his butt. Mr. Charles Echardt in Seguin, Texas wrote a book about the so called lost silver mine, but he also has a theory that Jim Bowie was stealing silver from the Mexicans. Once in a while, he will make some comments on this Forum. He has written several books and many historical articles about South Texas. In any event, I do believe that some of the treasure stories are true, and will possibly be found some day. I must admit that I do enjoy reading about them. Stay warm up there in New England. Kelley (Texas) :)

There actually 2 holes there that fit that discription. I always felt they were where the water wheel ends sat and they could work on them in the pits, but who knows. There are other holes there that might be them also but some of the tops of the walls have fallen into those pit areas... I will get some pictures of them in the next week and show you. You be the judge....Really narrow brook but runs year round. Good trout fishing in it also....

Geo

George I have heard of several chests being recovered from Gardener's Island and transported to Boston where the authorities confiscated it.

This was at a time not too long after the pirate was active along the eastern seaboard and Boston was the center of government in this area at the time I'm told.

There must be more information about the story somewhere.

Interesting stuff anyway.

CJ

They evidence points to it.

good story there George!!!

Calm seas

Micheal

Great reading! Makes a person wonder about the people that lived back then, especially when you find stuff they left behind...did you ever see a big old oak out in the woods, and before even sweeping the ground, know that somebody sometime stood right here on the SE side of it, with the rising sun at his back, and took a shot at a squirrel in the morning? Then, you sweep a little, and bingo! heres an old shotgun shell! Right in the spot! Then a fellows mind says, I wonder who this person was? did he have a dog? was it a good one? did the guy drop his knife, or anything else here? who was this person? would we have been friends? we are both standing on the same patch of ground, just at different times. A real thrill reading these stories, keep them coming!

All the kids played here, stayed cool here, look for the branch where the swings might of been, the path to the out house etc. No ac then so the tree's were the comfort area. Hunting under old tree's is one of my favorites for dirt hunting. Also, my best finds have come from them. The old large pennys are a favorite of mine. Early 1800's... They got me into a lot of places to hunt when you tell them you hunt for old pennys. They figure no real major value there.

Geo

All the kids played here, stayed cool here, look for the branch where the swings might of been, the path to the out house etc. No ac then so the tree's were the comfort area. Hunting under old tree's is one of my favorites for dirt hunting. Also, my best finds have come from them. The old large pennys are a favorite of mine. Early 1800's... They got me into a lot of places to hunt when you tell them you hunt for old pennys. They figure no real major value there.

Geo
I also live in Connecticut, near Bridgeport, any great info on buried treasure would be helpful.

This is the one I mentioned below. The home they speak of is now my friend bob Castillio's home. He just redid it all and allows me to hunt the property with detector and look for this treasure.... I've spent some enjoyable time looking for it, but nothing. He speaks of when they first moved in there of finding old coins in the garden by the house. He is a fife and drum person , he and his wife and like the old homes and restore it to the way it was way back when. I helped him strip a lot of it out when they rebuilt what was the carriage section of the house. I'll look on here, I have pictures of it somewhere of wood cut in the sawmill that is mentioned in the treasure map. The house is made with wooden pegs etc. Anyhow here is a short version of the treasure....

George-CT

The dream of pirate gold still lives along the Connecticut shore. Folklore researchers feel there is more reason to believe the old tales of buried treasure in Eastern Connecticut than in the rest of New England. The coves and islands along the Connecticut shoreline are logical locations for possible troves of treasure hidden there by pirates of long ago.

However, we leave the potentiality of booty at the shoreline
Are you saying this home is tied to the treasure ?
One old hiding place was actually under the buggies in the carriage shack.
So many places wealth was hidden back then.
One was behind stones in a stone basement wall or footers. Even in the dirt floor.
Cool story.
Yes please keep em coming.