Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here is why you MUST dig those deep, "iffy" signals!

Found early Saturday Morning 9.5 inches deep with a broken, but repeatable signal. VDI jumped around a bit but settled on 53 when on the surface.

Hey that is the find of a lifetime..... any thoughts on the value?

I have been researching it for the last 4 hours.... Found with the v3i at 9.5"...... Sounds like it was out of depth range for most detectors :detecting:

I have resorted to digging all positive signals in every old area, except the ones ringing foil and at 1":drinking: Never mind I dig those to. Great find.

burlbark said:

I have been researching it for the last 4 hours.... Found with the v3i at 9.5"...... Sounds like it was out of depth range for most detectors :detecting:

I have resorted to digging all positive signals in every old area, except the ones ringing foil and at 1":drinking: Never mind I dig those to. Great find.

My guess is anywhere from $2800-8000. It appears to be variety LM-3, which has a rarity factor R5. I have seen some nice ones go for 8k to 10K on Heritage auctions.

Neil in West Jersey said:
burlbark said:

My guess is anywhere from $2800-8000. It appears to be variety LM-3, which has a rarity factor R5. I have seen some nice ones go for 8k to 10K on Heritage auctions.

What a score.... I was thinking 5-7k from what I could find.

Valentine type 2, I tried to find a comprehensive list of them but couldnt. The LM-3 is the more modern designation for that particular die set

The rarity factor R5 means 31-75 of this type in the world. Just an awesome find.:bouncy:

She is a beauty Neil, congratulations. A half dime at 9.5" should quiet down the naysayers........:clapping:

awesome, great find neil ill bet bet youre going to hunt that area to death lol wtg:beers:

Wow Neil, one incredible find. Have you considered sending it in to NCS for conservation? (If there is no etching to the surface.......) What a beauty and wish I could have seen your face when THAT came to the surface! Giant congratulations to ya'!!!!! (A find like that would leave me numb for days!)

What an amazing find, congrats on a super keeper Neil!

nw1886 said:
Wow Neil, one incredible find. Have you considered sending it in to NCS for conservation? (If there is no etching to the surface.......) What a beauty and wish I could have seen your face when THAT came to the surface! Giant congratulations to ya'!!!!! (A find like that would leave me numb for days!)

Most experts have advised me against it, saying I would be disappointed with their comments.

That's really in great shape. Congrats on the coin Neil...............what program were you using?....what was your setup as far ground filter, sweep speed, etc..

Truly an Incredible find. Congratulations. That coin's in remarkable condition for its age. I'll be glad when my V3i arrives.

CCH

Bubby said:
That's really in great shape. Congrats on the coin Neil...............what program were you using?....what was your setup as far ground filter, sweep speed, etc..

Well it is all a blur, but i use a modified relic program with tone ID and VCO on. I also accept all targets down to minus 40 ( I dug a nice button last week that was in the low negative numbers). RX was 14, DISC Sens 91, AM Sens. 74, filters 7.5 Band and recovery speed 90. Soil was very mild, well drained sandy loam.

Great find! Did you use any special settings to go that deep? Or just the stock program?