Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here it is

So getting one to find an old hubcap doesn’t seem worth all the effort the only issue i think if you did happen to find a buried treasure chest hard to keep the whole thing a complete secret and the US govt would claim it and take it here un the US. Worse might happen in a foreign country.
They would basically say” thank you for finding it and digging it out for us, have a nice day”
They wouldn’t even pay for your detector as happened in PA recently from what I heard
Yeah finding the hubcap wasn’t that exciting but it’s the thrill of the hunt that makes it worth it . Just like when I go park hunting and the machines says Penney but I dig it and out comes a gold ring . That’s what I’m alluding to . And you are right about the gov wanting everything whether here or in any other country . But yet we still buy detecting equipment knowing that if we hit the jackpot , if the gov finds out , they’ll take it away. lol . What the heck I’m heading out to the park . If they want what I find , they can have it 🍻. Cheers

Yeah finding the hubcap wasn’t that exciting but it’s the thrill of the hunt that makes it worth it . Just like when I go park hunting and the machines says Penney but I dig it and out comes a gold ring . That’s what I’m alluding to . And you are right about the gov wanting everything whether here or in any other country . But yet we still buy detecting equipment knowing that if we hit the jackpot , if the gov finds out , they’ll take it away. lol . What the heck I’m heading out to the park . If they want what I find , they can have it 🍻. Cheers
Yeah i don’t think most are doing this expecting to get rich despite what the ads say lol but you never know

I used the eagle eye on the Garrett gti 2500 down in old Mexico in an avocado grove . Locals said there was a cache of money buried there . The Garrett didn’t detect anything but the older local detectorist with a pendulum that supposedly detected all kinds of things included human remains said that the treasure was there . So we dug a 5 foot by 5 foot square deep hole where the old man said it was . Garrett with eagle was still not picking up anything . Finally around 3 am in the morning I started packing up my Garrett and told him his pendulum was defective and there was nothing there . We filled in the hole and I went back to my hotel room . I slept like a baby . I was so tired . Next day I went back to the grove and was running the gti 2500 with the eagle eye and I found a hub cap about 21/2 feet down so my doubts disappeared about the eagle eye not working the previous night . Can’t really say I was disappointed about the night hunt and dig but it sure was a lot of work digging that hole and finding nothing that night . You never know thou, next time I might get lucky and hit a cache with one of those deepseekers .
Great idea but next time hire day workers to dig at least part way, then you dig the rest after they leave!

I was expecting maybe a lower cost version of the Deus to compete with the Vanquish/Simplex/Eq 700. Like the ORX with adjustable tone breaks and maybe full tones. I would think that would get a lot more market share than a two-box cache machine.
Yeah my thought to

The nice thing about a 2-box over a PI with a large coil is that they will ignore small surface targets. While I wouldn't want to dig something 5-10ft., It would be good for a 2-3ft target in nail infested soil.
Using one would require knowledge of typical cache locations around an old homestead to mitigate digging buried trash. Another use is searching for lost or stolen treasure.
Sadly, on the latter, The US Govt. reputation for taking finds means many lost treasures could already have been discovered but gone unreported.
Those are my thoughts. I have no desire to own one unless I had a really good treasure lead or the price for this add on were under $400.

If it worked with the Deus I and the cost wasn't prohibitive I would get one to search our fields for privvys and trash pits. They are usually about 3-4 deep.