Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here's the deal on the Equinox repair

Donna(NJ

Spoke with Minelab, since the control unit is sealed, the only thing they can fix is replace the battery or replace the control unit. Since my unit is out of warranty,
a new control unit will cost $300 shipped.

I know its not the battery as it was fully charged before my outing. So now we have a completely disposable detector that cant be fixed except for a battery replacement.

There ya go, this machine is only good for 3 years and then a hail Mary from there on,

Thankfully my good old Sovereign is still working. Cant wait for the Nokta machine.

HH
Donna(NJ)

There are some aftermarket preparers out there, and I know you can replace the battery

This is the first I have heard about the unit failing to power up.
Did you try power it up with the charging cord connected?
Just a suggestion…

Wow, that’s socks me right in the head! Very bad on their part, that is something that wasn‘t explained to anyone when we bought them.
Bunch of crap for sure.
Tony

This is the first I have heard about the unit failing to power up.
Did you try power it up with the charging cord connected?
Just a suggestion…
I attached the charging card, looked like it was powering up, got a Cd error, coil not connected' I connected coil and back to square one, with a blank screen.

May try a battery replacement if I can find one. Watched YouTube video, very easy.

Thx,
Donna

That’s odd that it would display an error with the coil not connected, but not power up.
Apparently the power switch is functioning.
The battery is very easy to replace.
Just be careful not to over tighten the 4 screws that attach the control unit to the shaft.

I attached the charging card, looked like it was powering up, got a Cd error, coil not connected' I connected coil and back to square one, with a blank screen.

May try a battery replacement if I can find one. Watched YouTube video, very easy.

Thx,
Donna

Thx,
Donna
That’s interesting.
Do you have anyone near by you can swap batteries with, just to see?
But it’s worth a new battery try. You can always sell it if it doesn’t fix it.
Tony

Donna, I would go ahead and try to reinstall the software through your computer.

I had a situation where my detector would power up but there was no screen or audio. But the power indicator was rapidly blinking.
I was fairly certain it was dead.

It was recognized by my PC when I plugged it in. And so I reinstalled the firmware on it and it came back to life afterwards!
Not the same situation as yours. But who knows. Good luck

donna try hooking up a phone power pack to the charging cord & see what happens

Probably won't work but you might get lucky by attempting an update, trying the power up with the charge cord attached to the PC, and then trying the power up when the utility asks for one. It's a wild idea, probably dumb. Maybe the firmware on the last update went bad.

That’s odd that it would display an error with the coil not connected, but not power up.
Apparently the power switch is functioning.
The battery is very easy to replace.
Just be careful not to over tighten the 4 screws that attach the control unit to the shaft.
Yes, I saw that video.

Donna, I would go ahead and try to reinstall the software through your computer.

I had a situation where my detector would power up but there was no screen or audio. But the power indicator was rapidly blinking.
I was fairly certain it was dead.

It was recognized by my PC when I plugged it in. And so I reinstalled the firmware on it and it came back to life afterwards!
Not the same situation as yours. But who knows. Good luck

OK worth a try

Thx.
Donna