Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey all.... need some help with an ID of a button

rjfjedi

Hey everyone, I found this button yesterday. It looks like a Confederate Infantry button. I did a lot of research trying to find the maker and any info, but cant find anything. I found this at a local park here in New Jersey. If anyone here can help me out that would be sweet, thanks.

P1012901.jpg
P1012902.jpg

HH
Rocco

I could be off the mark but it could be a rein-actor's button ? Looks to be in GREAT shape ? Hope i'm wrong. cch

LOL Me to. But you could be right. It looks to have a nice patina and is in great shape. Either way it was a very cool find. I found a Confederate navy button in the begining of the summer that I know is real though.

HH
Rocco

here i got it http://www.civilwarbuttons.com/cscentrlist.htm
sells for $675 in great condition there are a couple others in not good condition going for bout 200.
Stippled "I" with backmark of "*H T & B*/Manchester" 25mm button

theres quite a few of those buttons looking like that but you can get a better look to decipher which one it is GL

I cant seem to find the one that looks like mine on that site. all the backs are different then mine. None have the double circles on back, one does but the outside circle has dots not a constant line. Man, this is no easy....!!!

rjfjedi said:
I cant seem to find the one that looks like mine on that site. all the backs are different then mine. None have the double circles on back, one does but the outside circle has dots not a constant line. Man, this is no easy....!!!

Thats why i believe its a rein-actors's button. Good luck. cch

Thanks guys!!! Do we know what years they were produced? I still think its a neat piece.

HH
Rocco

nice find. I found a similar looking button this year... mine must have been a reproduction as the back was magnetic... congrats on your find:clapping: