Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey Gang!!!!!!!!!

cwilk

For no reason that I can figure out, I put my detectors away one day and just quit treasure hunting. In 2013 I went out around 25 times, and last year I only went twice. If anybody remembers, there was a time when I was obsessive about treasure hunting. A few weeks ago I felt motivated to try it again and went three days in a row. Nothing but clad and very sore legs. But loads fun! While my legs were healing I sorted all the treasure from 2013 and 2014 that was sitting in a coffee can, and got my spreadsheet updated. And I seem to be back at it, at least for now. I was not out of practice and could find as much as ever. (Limited by how long my out of shape legs would go.) Last weekend I dug out my 2500 which I hadn't used in ages after buying an AT-Pro. I fell in love with the old girl all over again, and did three hunts in three days with her. On much stronger legs this time. I began wondering if I should come back to Findmall and post a hunt. I have also been looking at my brag book and inside the front cover are some real swell letters and many coins from a lot of the friends I made here. Ian in the UK. John in Edmonton. Les from Newfoundland. Or Nova Scotia. Awhitster and his brother. Bookbinder? I think they're brothers, and my memory ain't what it used to be. John? from West Virginia, a real stand up guy. There are others and there is, of course, good old Uncle Willy. Rest in peace, Bill. I decided today to post as soon as I found some real treasure and today I found some. The chain is 10k and weighs around 10grams. The Jesus charm is 14k and weighs around 4 grams. Both acid tested as marked. Also my usual clad and I posted the junk because I was digging every signal hoping to find a little of the yellow stuff. (I'm glad I remembered that lesson, actually.) Attached are some crummy photos. I see we are still limited to 420KB. Some things never change. Hope you all are well!

Chris

Didn't we once talk shotguns? I bought a trap gun with my MD loot.

I have been off and on too. Right now I have it bad. All I think about is when I'll detect next and where I'll detect. Earlier this year, I stopped going. Then the fourth of July came and I got a good haul and it lit the fuse again.

Yeah, Mr. Bill and John were the gurus who kept me from selling my Ace to using it with the sniper coil and now my key detector. Nice to hear from you again- I used to always read your posts.

I haven't been as active as I used to with mding. 2012 was the last year I put much effort into getting out, and last year I only got out a few times. This year is the fourth straight year of drought, so the ground is hard as a rock. We really need a wet winter so I can go mding!:)